Bring the Player Not the Class...

#0 - Sept. 9, 2009, 6:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So seriously, here is how our vent went tonight.

We had like 18 ppl on from our guild, almost enough to do two 10 man TOCs. One spot in each group.

I wanted a mage. "Kail, a mage doesnt buff your group right". Buff...I get water and AI, nice buffs imo, for that I'll keep him shielded the whole time, give me a mage. I'm even willing to give up gear to have a mage, there's a problem with that? "It's the buffs, he cant dps without buffs, he needs to be in the other group".

"Ok, lets move the hunter to the other group" Why? I'm told because hes the wrong spec, and one of the hunters from the other groups gets moved to ours (for buffs). Ok, well but that hunter...I've played with him since the beginning of Wow. He is seriously the guy who pretended he couldnt make the jump in WC when the group wanted to leave me behind til I finally got it on my own, I've kept him around for five years, transferring from server to server because hes been so nice to me.

Then I'm told something about a moonkin. I said ENOUGH, seriously, can't we just get me a mage, our group is fine. So someone said I think the moonkin in the other group would buff the mage, so we get a mage and put him in the other group.

So someone in the guild pipes in to the guy suggesting we change everything out there (feral cat druid), "Respec moonkin, get a mage, buffs are fine?"

So seriously, can't a priest willing to share her gear with a mage for water and a buff group together unless I have all this complicated shuffling of players between groups (to maximize buffs of course).

BTW, the mage got three items, I got 0, I was pretty darn happy with my water and buffs, and after all that, we FINALLy recruited a new mage to the guild (he's going to be in my 10 man btw).

#13 - Sept. 9, 2009, 4:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
That line's overused. You should be cognizant of the buffs and debuffs you have in your group. Luckily, there are multiple classes for most of the buffs. You could get your 5% spell crit from a ele shaman or a moonkin. You could get your 3% damage buff from a ret pally or a bm hunter. You could get an int buff from a mage or a felpup or even a scroll of int.

Luckily, 10 mans aren't tuned around having every buff. A 10 paladin raid might have some problems due to low buff numbers but most reasonable comps don't suffer too badly.

Well said.