PTR

#1 - May 21, 2014, 1:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What's up with the PTR, it's way past 11:00am.
The servers are red and when I click on them I get auto Dcd..
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#4 - May 21, 2014, 1:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're working to get the PTR realms updated to the newest 5.4.8 build, 18291. The launcher was updated with that build, but the realms were not, which is why they're displaying as red to you all and will disconnect anybody who tries to connect with the incorrect build.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#8 - May 21, 2014, 1:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You've already updated, which is why you can't connect (you're basically "ahead" of the server, if that makes more sense). Once we get the servers updated to the newest build, they'll show as green and you won't have any issues logging in.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#13 - May 21, 2014, 2:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/20/2014 06:58 PMPosted by Tajit
I guess I'm curious as to why the PTR will still be up, if it's running the same patch as the live realms.

We'll be in the same state as we were after 5.4.7 launched. We do get some benefit from the PTR being up even when the patch is live, as we sometimes make environment changes or push hotfixes here to test them in an environment that more closely resembles live.

That said, when we're not actively testing an upcoming release on the PTR, we don't strive for anything close to 100% uptime, and will bring the realms down for an extended period of time as needed with little to warning.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#14 - May 21, 2014, 2:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Also, realms should now be live with the newest 5.4.8 build.