Blizz, BG Bot problem has reached epidemic proportion

#1 - May 11, 2014, 5:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard, you’re BG Bot problem has reached epidemic proportions.

I haven’t played serious/dedicated for a couple of years now but I still try to enjoy my WoW game time. I don’t care for rating yet (maybe in WoD), or raiding three times a week, I’d rather be out and about IRL. The time I do put aside for WoW though consists of of diving onto my alts to take part in some light-hearted and fun PvP, which is essentially random BG’s and this is how I choose to spend my time in WoW. I do aim to progress to rated and maybe some arena perhaps in WoD (if I am still paying to play) but my game experience is being utterly destroyed by BG Bots.

Blizzard, your BG Bot problem has reached epidemic proportions, whatever you are doing it is not enough.

The PvP portion of game is being totally and utterly destroyed by Battleground Bots and I get so annoyed by it I am reaching the end of my tether with this game.

Blizzard, your BG Bot problem has reached epidemic proportions, whatever you are doing it is not enough.

What exactly are you doing about it Blizz? I get that your anti-Bot measures have to be kept under wraps, but it seems that absolutely nothing is being done to combat the problem, and please do not play it down Blizz, this is a game breaking problem.

Due to work/lifestyle and the fact I’m a bit of a night hawk I sometimes play late at night. This is when the BG’s are plagued by bots. At least that would be a fair assumption because the players behind the bots think late night cheating is okay, or they won’t get caught or something. I have been the only “human” player in a BG before, I am sure you have too. It’s funny when 14 other players who use the same bot all mount within a second of each other, all run together in a tight group to a predetermined location each and every time and all dismount to engage in combat at exactly the same time. It doesn’t end in late night Bots though.

I was playing at around 6pm server time on Saturday. I had a good 3 hour play session. There was not one single BG that was Bot free. Very often there would be several Bots in each BG. I played a SotA, the game started with my team defending. 7 Bots all mounted at the same time, all jumped down the same side and rode in a tight group to the same stairs on the gate, all then dropped down and rode the exact same path to the jetty where boats stop. They stopped about 25 yards from the edge of the jetty ramp. This group of 7 Bots then all stood still in a very tight group on their mounts. As soon as the boat stopped all 7 Bots then rode onto to the Jetty, dismounted at exactly the same time and began combat. Watching this at peak time was soul destroying and it’s when I quit playing for the evening. Bots are driving players away from this game.

But it doesn’t end there. Players who use Bots are also using them to ‘augment’ their PvP play. Are you strangely getting interrupted in less than half a second of casting by a player who is not even figuring in your current zerge? Does that player and other players constantly get interrupts off on you that seem humanly impossible? Even when you juke then cast the interrupt will still go off in less than half a second. That’s an interrupt Bot. Google it and you will see. The PvP side to this game is broken because of it. The fully autonomous BG Bot problem is bad enough, but now we have assist Bots to contend with too, the Bots that auto-interrupt only specific spells that are set up to interrupt and end up giving the player an unfair advantage.

Blizzard, you have not invested enough time/effort/money to rid these scum from the game. I bet you aren’t even perma-banning the cheaters because you don’t want to lose $$$$$$ from subs. A 24 hour or 3 day ban for Botting…. I bet they laugh at it then carry on haxing. You must start perma-banning accounts, even if it means losing 1 million subs because it feels like that figure isn’t too far off the mark.
Every BG Blizz. Every flippin BG theres at least one Bot Blizz, often several, sometimes 14 out of 15!! Every. Single. BG. Blizzard. Do not play it down. Its an epidemic.

To the legit player… If you are fed up with Botting in this game, shout about it. Use the forums. Use Twitter. Use this or existing threads. Blizzard are playing this problem down but they know it has blighted and destroyed the PvP side of the game. If you only do rated or arena good on you, but be mindful that while you wont get BG bots in rated BG’s or Arena matches, you’ll get the assist Bots that will watch for casts on targets, focus, and arena unit frames and then auto-cast interrupts or cc abilities. Big advantage and can determine who wins the match. So it affects you too to a lesser degree.
Blizzard, your BG Bot problem has reached epidemic proportions, whatever you are doing it is not enough. Are you hearing me Blizzard?

You need to eradicate Bots. If the situation does not improve I am off.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#6 - May 12, 2014, 6:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
No need to take screenshots, just use the in-game Cheating report feature. And please, continue the discussions in other threads, no need to create new ones about the same topic. Opening several threads with just a couple of replies causes the opposite effect as intended.