Dungeon Finder and foreign languages

#1 - Oct. 29, 2011, 6:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is by no means the first time this has happened, and I am sure this is not the last.

Other day I spent a wonderful 20 mins wiping on Jin'do...oh how it could have been so much easier. Why, was it because I am bad? Was it because others were bad? Well...yes and no. I am by no means bad, but they could have used some guidance

The tank and the hunter both spoke Brazilian...and ONLY that. Me, only speaking English...it ran a wonderful line of WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME?! Etc etc.

Today, once again I fall into a similar situation in ZA where...I, and 1 other member are the only ones speaking English while we sit and read text that we have no idea what is being said.

This is extremely detrimental to the group composition for obvious reasons (lack of communication) but also adds a level of alienation to members. I have no idea what they are saying and no way to understand them which leaves me feeling both left out and even like they could be saying things about me, pointers, or just hating for no reason and I am helpless to defend myself or get legit advice. Same goes for them. Often I find myself trying to help someone and I list out a bunch of things to help them and then I am met with a line of another language I can not understand.

This needs to change. Dungeon Finder should not be pulling people from servers that speak totally different languages. Not everyone knows more than one language and regardless, it is frustrating for everyone.
#39 - May 9, 2014, 6:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey everyone. Please be mindful of a post's age before replying to it in the future.

Thanks!