PTR Realm Maintenance - 5/8/14

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - May 8, 2014, 3:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings! The PTR realms are currently down for maintenance. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them.

As this is the first build push for the new 5.4.8 milestone, I don't have an ETA at this time.

I'll be leaving this thread open for you guys to chat in as long as nobody starts spamming or breaking forum rules.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#29 - May 8, 2014, 6:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/08/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Talenara
05/08/2014 08:18 AMPosted by Arcanefuel
I have a question when you say ... what do you mean by "Milestone", from what i have seen on MMO Champion its a small patch to help with the cloak questline, i know that, that alone is a big deal as if anybody here was to armory me i don't have it, nor do a good amount of people in the community, but is it that in which this PTR will bring, to be said as a "Milestone"?

"Milestone" here is programmer-speak, basically meaning a patch. Doesn't mean anything about the impact of the patch or the importance of the changes.

Yes that's correct, Milestone in this context doesn't mean like a landmark/achievement kind of thing, but rather a label for defining code branches. For example, on live retail servers right now we have Patch 5.4.7, build 18019. In this example 5.4.7 is the milestone, and 18019 is the build version. In layman's terms, milestone = patch number.

05/08/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Mojokin
Is there an estimated time yet Zorbrix?

We've made progress in uploading the build to PTR servers, but I don't have an estimate yet, sorry.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#41 - May 8, 2014, 8:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/08/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Druidissm
well if you had to make a guess. how many hours do you suppose it will take zorbrix?

Unfortunately, unlike something as scheduled and routine as retail realm maintenance (like a normal Tuesday Morning), pushing a build to PTR can take a variable amount of time.

We're making progress, but I don't have an ETA at this point in time.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#53 - May 8, 2014, 9:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Shouldn't be much longer.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#61 - May 8, 2014, 10:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/08/2014 02:55 PMPosted by Lïu
so um zorbrix is it true that you are adding the prerelease of draenor to PTR....i heard people on PTR say that they were doing that while everyone was freaking out and chaos was everywhere.....it really gave them a heart attack..

This patch isn't related to the Warlords of Draenor expansion.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#68 - May 8, 2014, 10:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/08/2014 02:55 PMPosted by Shädøwstep
I'd say about a hour Zorb?

Likely 1-2 hours, I'll update if we're not able to make that window.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#75 - May 8, 2014, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms should be up in the next 15 minutes barring any unseen issues. Patching should already be live if you're using the Battle.net app (which makes managing the PTR client very easy).
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#118 - May 8, 2014, 11:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
PTR realms are live, and you should be able to connect once you patch up to 18224 patch 5.4.8.