EH and CDs Must Be Balanced

#0 - Sept. 11, 2009, 6:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You want tanks to be different, but these are two areas that must be roughly equivalent for every tank. Your current tank model of large tank damage and burst damage abilities emphasizes only these two aspects of tanking.

This is especially important because tank skill has almost nothing to do with survivability, nearly everything is determined by your class and your gear.

Somewhere else you said that we can't agree on what is required to tank; I don't think any serious tank will disagree with me that these are by far the two most important things. You may try to claim we will just whine about something else. but nobody is dropping their tank because a pally does a little more unneeded threat. However, they will swap tanks when it becomes clear that the druid is surviving Gormok's impales far more easily than their warrior.
#7 - Sept. 11, 2009, 11:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
EH is very important. But it is not the all there is to tank balance. I suspect even the players that first came up with that way of describing survivability would admit that it gets focused on too much these days.