A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity

#0 - Sept. 15, 2009, 9:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Simple question and I'm hoping for a simple answer.

Q u o t e:
Meet the criteria for A Tribute to Insanity without any raid member having used an item only obtainable from 25-player Coliseum, or any more powerful item.

I would like some clarity on what the second half of that statement implies.
Am I correct in assuming that :
All vendor 245 gear and all Tier 245 gear is fine for the achievement.
All Heroic10 245 gear is fine for the achievement, including gear from the chest at the end.
All other 245 gear (i.e. that which is attainable from Normal and Heroic 25) will disqualify you.

Thanks.
#21 - Sept. 17, 2009, 6:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Here's the breakdown.

You can use:
• Any item below item level 245.
• The item level 245 set pieces that drop from 25-player Trial of the Crusader but also appear in the 10-player Tribute Chest.
• Any gear that drops in 10-player Trial of the Crusader or Trial of the Grand Crusader, including item level 245 Trial of the Grand Crusader drops and item level 258 cloaks from the 10-player Tribute Chest
• Any item level 245 items purchased with Badges of Triumph.
• Any item level 245 Bind on Equip item, including crafted pieces.

You cannot use:
• Any item level 245 item not included above (primarily Bind on Pickup drops from 25-player Trial of the Crusader, but also notably Val’anyr).
• Any item over item level 245 except for the 10-player Tribute cloak.
• Any higher item level loot introduced in future patches (25 player Onyxia 245s, Icecrown loot in the future, etc.)
#34 - Sept. 17, 2009, 7:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yes, you can use Triumph badge vendor loot. I'll add a further note to the post above to reflect this.