Curious silence on Brewfest 2009

#0 - Sept. 16, 2009, 5:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've noticed a curious level of silence about Brewfest 2009, which, according to most sources, is starting Sept 20th (this Sunday).

Is this not on the PTR and do we not know what Coren Direbrew will drop this year?
#13 - Sept. 16, 2009, 5:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Indeed, Brewfest has been updated for level 80, and you should see the return of some quests that went missing last year. I'll be around should questions arise that I can field. :) However, the changes aren't extensive enough to warrant a round of PTR testing this time.
#28 - Sept. 16, 2009, 6:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So, what's going to happen to the holidays during Cataclysm? Will the people still celebrate?

In times of great change and difficulty, those little rituals can bring a sense of security and bring people together, after all. (Yes.)
#69 - Sept. 16, 2009, 9:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
1. Can you confirm or deny whether or not the Wopperwinger will be sold for gold this year or tickets?

For our region, the quest should be back. :)

Q u o t e:
2. Can you confirm or deny whether any of the pieces of clothing will be able to be sold back to the vendor for a ticket refund like the one piece of clothing from Midsummer?

As the tickets are part of the token system I believe the refund functionality will be there.

Q u o t e:
I just have one question for you that maybe you can clarify, I have all the items the horseman drops (level 70 ones) I was wondering if the items themselves will be updated to 80 versions, or will I have to get a new 80 version through a drop (Helm is my favorite one in the game and it would suck to have to roll against people for it once again) If you can clarify this it would be great.

Any new items will be just that: new items that you will have to acquire. It wouldn't be fair to those who haven't leveled since they received those items to bump them up and potentially make them unusable.
#74 - Sept. 16, 2009, 9:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Would be nice if that drill machine I have on my rogue became BOA this year...

That won't be happening, I'm afraid.

EDIT: I've answered that a couple times recently, but yes, the NPCs don't care if you're a Bloodsail. Let's keep this related to Brewfest, however, hm? :)
#97 - Sept. 17, 2009, 12:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm curious, why wasn't Ahune updated?

As I answered then, Midsummer wasn't updated purely due to timing; the later holidays didn't have that issue.

Q u o t e:
Will we be able to purchase the Brewfest Mounts, like during the first Year of Brewfest.

No, but as others have pointed out, having the actual mount is no longer required for the achievement; you need only transform your mount with hops to get Have Keg, Will Travel. Due to this, I don't believe the drop rate of the mounts changed from the rate it was when Brewfest ended last year.

As for questions regarding additions and such, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, there were no major changes or additions to the holiday, simply an update to what was already there. This means that Coren works the same way he did last year, and there are no new pets or mounts. We hope you'll have a good time in any case. :)