Questions Blues always dodge

#0 - March 4, 2010, 1:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm wondering how many questions you guys see that the Blues ALWAYS dodge and never answer, or issues that they never comment on. I'm also interested in why you think they dodge these questions / issues ;).

For example, I never saw:

- A blue answering what they think of their included Voice Chat, how successful it was and what they want to do with it in the future

- A blue commenting on the fact that they made raids more accessible for people to see more content, yet these people are now skipping some of the best raids and bosses without ever seeing them (Uld)

- A blue commenting on what they think of trade chat spam and whether they would consider doing anything to combat it

- A blue commenting on whether they think the 'extra' features of AV (regarding hand-ins) should be scrapped or re-utilised

- A blue commenting on whether there are problems with Vanish and if they are being taken seriously (although is this fixed now? I haven't played a rogue in a while)

What other questions or issues never get addressed?
#2 - March 4, 2010, 2:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm wondering how many questions you guys see that the Blues ALWAYS dodge and never answer, or issues that they never comment on. I'm also interested in why you think they dodge these questions / issues ;).

For example, I never saw:

I'm going to answer the first two. Please note however, the others we have answered, some on numerous occasions. It's not good to assume we're dodging a question simply because you haven't seen the answer.

Q u o t e:
- A blue answering what they think of their included Voice Chat, how successful it was and what they want to do with it in the future

The Blizzard Voice chat is actually pretty cool, and has improved greatly since it was released. We do see it as a success. We're completely fine with players using third party voice chat programs. It was simply important to us that an option was available for those who didn't want to rely on a 3rd party voice chat program -- no matter their reasons.

Additionally, there are a great deal more players who use it than you probably realize.

Q u o t e:
- A blue commenting on the fact that they made raids more accessible for people to see more content, yet these people are now skipping some of the best raids and bosses without ever seeing them (Uld)

If you're referring to the fact that you no longer need to progress through Ulduar, in order to properly advance towards the next tier raid dungeon -- yes, we're fine with that, however, we do have many improvements planned for how we approach many aspects of raiding in Cataclysm (more on that later).