The good ol' days.

#1 - Feb. 18, 2014, 11:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I am going to summarize the things I miss from vanilla and TBC. Those good old days when all classes weren't identical and had their own, signature fighting style.

When not every, single god damn class had stuns. Rogues were the primary "stunner" class.

When ranged players had to stand still whilst casting. Running hunters, mages and shamans are everywhere. They are supposed to be casters. Casters in World of Warcraft shouldn't be able to move whilst casting spells.

When hunters couldn't fire their weapon at point blank range. That was the tradeoff for having 40-yard attacks and weaponry. It made the class more unique compared to other ranged classes.

When not every, single class had spell locks. I mean, Paladins? Seriously?

When not every single class had self healing. The only dps classes who could heal themselves were Retritution Paladins, Feral / Balance Druids, Shadowpriests and Shamans. Warlocks had their drain health ability as well as healthstone. Exaples of the old times with no self healing were;

When evocation refilled the mage's mana instead of health.

When hunters didn't have an improved version if Desperate Prayer.

When Warriors didn't have Second Wind.

When priests and warlocks were the only ones to have fear.

When not every, single god damn class had snares or immobilization abilities.

The game changed after the introduction of the Death Knight. The game will never be the way it used to be.

WHEN MONKS WEREN'T IN THE GAME.

Add your own to the list;

When....
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#25 - Feb. 18, 2014, 1:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are existing threads on this topic. If you’d like to add anything further, please continue the discussion in one of those.