[Cheating] It's getting out of control.

#1 - Dec. 18, 2013, 10:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello!

At the moment I'm thinking that this subject "cheating"

"chea-ting" (in wow 5.4.2) - Automaticly interrupting a cast before it has been casted aka Interrupt hack - Instant stun/reflect/whatever stop a Soul of Forest Cyclone or anything that is casted to the cheater.

I'm warning everybody: It is getting out of control!
When I'm playing 2v2 or 3v3 - approx 30/40% of the teams we meet contains a cheater or hacker. Mostly it has a RUSSIAN name (not offending everyone, just laying down the cards as I get them). This doesn't mean other EUROPEANS don't cheat.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to link or name the programs cheaters use, but if a Blizzard employee wants to see it. Let me know.

It completely destroys the gameplay for fairplayers. And it's so EASY to detect.
Also I would like to see some action against this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/5v5
(if you don't see it, most players there have wintraded or hacked their way up there).

What do I/WE want from Blizzard?
I would like to see some REAL action against this stuff.
All I can do now is report the playernames for cheating. But I don't ever see them getting banned or get resetted (I see them on a weekly basis). So this IS NOT ENOUGH!!

IT'S TIME TO STEP IT UP!!!!!!

*** Note to Community Manager ***
We don't want a standard answer like: We are on it or anything else that doesn't fix this problem. We want straight ideas to be put on the table. You got the community, now USE IT. It's called Wisdom of the crowd.
Forum Avatar
Community
#245 - Jan. 23, 2014, 11:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Please rest assured that we do take cheating very seriously.
I know that sometimes we can be a bit uncommunicative about all of the actions that we take against cheating, that prolonged silence can lead players to think that we're being passive about it.
We are not.

Sometimes being too communicative can go against being effective, and while we want players to feel confident in our capacity, determination and willingness to deal with these issues, ultimately we want to be as effective as we possibly can.
I can tell you that we have recently taken action against a number of accounts that were in violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

We go to great lengths to keep WoW's environment as pristine as possible, and we can do it in many different ways, it's not just about applying ban waves.
WoW has a huge population, more than even some countries, and that means that there's probably always someone somewhere trying to find ways to "bend the rules". There's a positive side to this as well, because there are so many players, we get very early reports about potential bugs and we have a higher chance to fix them before ill-intentioned people can find them.