Remove Baseline Resilience!

#1 - Jan. 13, 2014, 9:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please remove baseline resilience. Instead of just having it by default, make it so that players must be wearing 100% pvp gear in order to get baseline 70% resilience. That way, players in heroric pve gear can't just rofl pwn other players in pvp gear. That would make world pvp (one of my and most other pvper's favorite thing to do) much more fair and balanced. For players just starting in battlegrounds, make the next seasons's crafted gear include pvp weapons, trinkets, and rest of the pvp gear. This way, you can make a clear line in between PvP and PvE gear without having to have them on different ilvl.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#51 - Jan. 13, 2014, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are looking at reducing or completely removing baseline Resilience, but it's a big change and requires other larger changes to go with it. Changes that big we tend to wait until an expansion (Warlords) to make - as well as a lot of testing and feedback from y'all during beta. We do have some changes with Season 15, but they won't be a huge departure from where we're already at, mainly tweaks to existing numbers.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#57 - Jan. 13, 2014, 11:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Bashiok, I made a suggestion in a thread i created a few days ago, as well as again earlier today in a new thread someone made.

I hope it wasn't overlooked. :(

I think in-general we like to avoid piling on more systems when we can achieve the same or (ideally) better results just through intelligent use of the ones we already have - to be entirely vague about it. ;) In any case, I think it'll be something we can really only come to a conclusion on through a ton of testing during the Warlords beta.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#128 - Jan. 14, 2014, 1:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Lore has made a couple posts on PvP Power/gear on the Arena forum so make sure you read these:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11206631080?page=4#64

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11206631080?page=5#87
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#218 - Jan. 15, 2014, 8:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/15/2014 04:05 AMPosted by Zuraiza
What matters is that the gear takes the same amount of time (mean, median, and mode), and therefore effort, to acquire regardless of what you do to get it; an instance is an instance is an instance, and what you do in that instance doesn't mean a god-damned thing. Using strict Item Level parity as the benchmark is how you get from here to there.

Of course it matters what you do.

How do you reconcile time investment in the two tasks when they don't require the same of you to complete? How are small group sports analogous to large-team puzzle solving? How is spending a week or weeks wiping on a boss comparable to a matchmade PvP game where you're going against human opponents of similar skill?

Both require mastery of your class and coordination, but you can't cross out the type and manner of gameplay as common denominators and say it doesn't matter. Of course it does.