Connected Realms Update 2/13

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Jan. 6, 2014, 4:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, February 13th during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PST through approximately 1:00 p.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.
  • Azjol-Nerub and Khaz Modan
  • Eldre’Thalas and Korialstrasz
  • Farstriders and Silverhand
  • Spinebreaker and Wildhammer
  • Thunderlord and Azgalor/Azshara/Destromath (On Hold)

We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, February 27th during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PST through approximately 1:00 p.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.
  • Alexstrasza and Terokkar
  • Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune
  • Exodar and Medivh
  • Frostwolf and Vashj
  • Gorefiend and Spinebreaker/Wildhammer
  • Gundrak and Jubei'Thos
  • Mug'thol and Dragonmaw/Akama

We do not have a date for the following realm connections, but will update this post when we do.
  • Alterac Mountains and Balnazzar/Gorgonnash/The Forgotten Coast/ Warsong
  • Drak'thul and Skywall
  • Elune and Gilneas
  • Eredar and Wildhammer/Spinebreaker
  • Ghostlands and Kael'thas

The connection for Feathermoon and Scarlet Crusade has been delayed. We'll provide an update at a later point in time.

* Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections here as we can. Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.

FAQ

Q. My realm needs connecting, why isn’t it listed?
A. The connections listed are the phases we’ve currently finalized and have planned connection dates or estimates available for. Additional connections are possible, but they just haven’t reached that stage yet. We’ll be updating the realm connection list as phases complete and new phases are planned.

Q. When will my realm be connected?
A. We'll update this thread with the latest information on currently planned phases.

Q. My realm has a lower population than those on the list, why isn’t mine being connected first?
A. Realm connections are based on a number of factors including population, faction balance, the realm’s physical location in the world compared to other realms it may be connected to, among others. It’s also worth noting that websites which attempt to track population, while helpful in many ways, are estimates based on public data which may not provide the clearest picture of actual population.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Jan. 6, 2014, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's stickied now. Don't mind me and my silly questions.

*pat* It's OK. ;) It just took a couple for the glue to start working.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Jan. 6, 2014, 4:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I logged in just to ask this.

Neth - if you are still reading this, what are your guys' current plans for RP-PvP servers?

Will we get merged with only other RP-PvP servers? Just PvP? Just RP? Or will we have to worry about people from PvE servers running around ruining others RP?

I'm asking because since you guys started i've been eagerly waiting to see what you were going to do with us and I feel like were getting ignored.

EDIT - I know your not intenionally ignoring us.. its just.. it's so lonely over here being by ourselves...

I am not sure of the plans in regard to RP-PvP realms as of yet. I'll ask, but there may be no decision as of yet to share.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - Jan. 6, 2014, 5:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blog post / Completed Connections:
Anvilmar and Undermine connection was delayed, didn't happen.
Dalvengyr and Dark Iron listed twice.

Thanks. I'll correct the repetition. I'm inquiring about Anvilmar now.

I know many people are looking forward to their own realm being added to the list, but I don't have any control of when or with which realm. Sorry. We'll do our best to keep you all as updated as possible.

*FYI Anvilmar and Undermine have been rescheduled for a future date. I'll update it once we know what date that is.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#327 - Jan. 16, 2014, 2:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/16/2014 06:46 AMPosted by Crowlight
Is this still supposed to be going on today? It was scheduled to start already, but no login message for it and no realms shown as down for it. Realm selection screen still shows them as up and available.

Neth posted on twitter that it's being pushed back. Blog post updated: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11393305/

I've updated this thread as well to reflect the change.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#333 - Jan. 16, 2014, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I've updated this thread as well to reflect the change.

One more lonely night...

*pat pat* It'll all be over soon. Don't you worry your pretty little head. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#446 - Jan. 23, 2014, 11:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/23/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Bubblykiss
Soooooo Khadgar..................not merged yet, eh?

I'm working on an update now, but it was rescheduled.

*Updated.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#517 - Jan. 30, 2014, 9:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
1:08 pm. PST - We will be performing scheduled maintenance on select realms beginning on Thursday, January 30th at 5:00 a.m. PST and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 3:00 p.m. PST. During this time these realms will be unavailable for play

Alleria
Auchindoun
Cho'gall
Khadgar
Laughing Skull
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#658 - Feb. 6, 2014, 3:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please note that due to additional work that needs done to complete these connections Thunderlord and Azgalor/Azshara/Destromath is on hold and will be rescheduled for a future point in time.

Apologies to those who had been looking forward to these connections today. We'll update once we have information on a future connection time.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#745 - Feb. 13, 2014, 3:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/13/2014 07:13 AMPosted by Killingjoke
Was the Thunderlord and Azgalor/Azshara/Destromath cancelled again today?

Quit playing games with my heart.

It looks like it's on hold again. We'll update with more information as soon as we can. Sorry. :( No games of the heart intended.