Quick FYI regarding the rating requirments

#0 - Sept. 23, 2009, 4:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I could post this in the thread, in fact I will as well but just making a thread to draw attention to this but apologies:

"The Brewfest quests ‘Pink Elekks On Parade’ and ‘Catch the Wild Wolpertinger!’ were removed to ensure that World of Warcraft contains content that complies with regional game rating requirements. "

Okay, fair enough reason in fact one I accept. It is not worth it to have to put in content which breaks regional licencing agreements, you can go all about achievements or whatever and decide what you want to decide regarding this but if your hands are tied regarding licensing commitments that is fair enough.

However, it should not be the case this is with hypocrisy - The two quests in question (both involve drinking in order to zap a pink elephant/catch a bunch of strange looking rabbits) involve drinking to be able to complete a quest.

Now WoTLK is rated 12 with PEGI which means "Videogames that show violence of a slightly more graphic nature towards fantasy character and/or non graphic violence towards human-looking characters or recognisable animals, as well as videogames that show nudity of a slightly more graphic nature would fall in this age category. Any bad language in this category must be mild and fall short of sexual expletives. "

Now I am guessing these quests would mean it would fall into 16 which is "This rating is applied once the depiction of violence (or sexual activity) reaches a stage that looks the same as would be expected in real life. More extreme bad language, the concept of the use of tobacco and drugs and the depiction of criminal activities can be content of games that are rated 16+."

Which includes the concept of use of tobacco and drugs, now if we exclude these quests do any other items and/or quests in the game warrant I higher level and in cases are even more susceptible under this definition?

Why yes, it is even there in 16, 18 even. The achievement associated again with Brewfest "Drunken Stupor" which you have to " fall 65 yards without dying while sloshed" why yes, lets see here:

- Glorification of Drugs? Check, "sloshed" would diminish the real world impact that alcohol has in the body and just imposes it as a matter of fun. which would be PEGI 16 with Drugs Icon
- Glorification of a dangerous activity? Check, the site wowhead (other WoW quest research sites are available) has the suggestion of falling off a bridge onto a path, while intoxicated or off the top of a lift, while intoxicated with alcohol. Either way the achievement is promoting doing a dangerous activity, which if done incorrectly could result in death while under the influence of drugs. PEGI 16 with Drugs

It is all well and good removing these two quests, but you already have quests, items and achievements which are far worst so I recommend sorting those out before deciding to enable then disable a quest.
#2 - Sept. 23, 2009, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Closing this as the post is already in the main thread on the topic:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10921022886&sid=1