Guild lottery question.

#1 - Dec. 22, 2013, 4 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I´ve been thinking of running weekly lottery for my guild and downloaded an addon for it. The only problem is i cant use it efficiently without asking the minimum amount of money (1silver). was planning to give 500g away every week and not use it for gaining money. Is this legal?
Forum Avatar
Community
#5 - Dec. 23, 2013, 3:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hiya, anything involving gambling based on a random factor is against the rules. If it relies on skill, it's okay. So you could have an arrangement between friends that whoever wins a duel or a quiz for example will win some gold, but taking a collection then deciding the winner with a /roll or other random method is a no-no unfortunately.

Overall though, anything involving giving gold to other players is risky, as we usually can't help if there are any disputes.
Forum Avatar
Community
#10 - Dec. 23, 2013, 3:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Shammoz is correct :) A competition run on your site isn't in-game gambling. Gambling in this instance involves parting with gold or other in-game goodies in the hope of winning something based on a random decider. If you're just giving stuff away, then it's not gambling :)