Guild advancement system is terrible.

#1 - Dec. 18, 2013, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I last quit WoW directly after the release of this guild advancement thing.
I was pretty excited for it since it seemed like a great idea. Well I've started playing again now and I'm extremely disappointed.
"Quantity over quality" pretty much describes this entire thing.

If you're not in a high level guild then everything is more expensive, you earn less money from your professions, you travel slower, you level slower, you farm rep slower, you repair less often, and you can't even use your hearthstone as often.

I wouldn't mind it if these were simply the perks of being a better player and being in a better guild, but they aren't.
Max level and all perks is pretty much STANDARD for every crap guild on my server. Any guild that invites everyone who asks hits level 25 with ease.

Instead of being a system that rewards the better or older guilds with nice perks, it has instead become a system that punishes players for not being in a guild or for trying to form a new guild with their friends.

The reason I bring this up is simple: I hate my guild. Last night I finally learned how to hide guild chat, but I really wish I could join a guild with a small group of friends that I like rather than sticking with the 700+ member guild filled with immature teens. But I can't actually do that without crippling my gameplay.

I'd like to know what you guys think about this, especially in regards to solutions for it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Dec. 18, 2013, 5:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Karaea
I really wish I could join a guild with a small group of friends that I like

You totally should! Leveling up a guild even with a fairly small amount of people is pretty quick now, and you can get the benefits and play with people you like. And who knows, over time you might find more people you enjoy playing with, build out the guild in a more meaningful way, and make it a great place to be.