WoD is creativly bankrupt.

#1 - Dec. 7, 2013, 11:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After the current expansion, where the last year or so will have been spent fighting orcs, including Garrosh Hellscream we finally get to move on!

We move on to fighting--- more orcs--- including--- uhhhmmm--- Grom Hellscream?

Really?

Two expansions in a row, and three out of the last 5, where fighting orcs was a major element, or the main element.

Really?

This is pathetic, boring, dull, and repetitious. You guys are clearly not even trying any more. Instead of breaking the mechanics just so you can justify getting paid to "fix" them, perhaps you should try to focus on creativity. Advancing the story.

This whole idea is just absolutely pitiful.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#249 - Dec. 18, 2013, 4:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/07/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Feanorion
Two expansions in a row, and three out of the last 5, where fighting orcs was a major element, or the main element.

I am so tired that I'm too tired to stand up and get coffee... and I'm having a hard time remembering the names of all 5 expansions, and the 3 where killing orcs was a major or main element. Someone help me out.

Gonna actually go get coffee now, brb.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#252 - Dec. 18, 2013, 4:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Failstar

I am so tired that I'm too tired to stand up and get coffee... and I'm having a hard time remembering the names of all 5 expansions, and the 3 where killing orcs was a major or main element. Someone help me out.

Gonna actually go get coffee now, brb.

Burning Orcs
Wrath of the Orc King
Mists of Orcdaria

You're welcome.

Nailed it. Thanks bro-bro.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#257 - Dec. 18, 2013, 5 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Exorian
Nailed it. Thanks bro-bro.

I'm using bro-bro from now on.

Yeah, it's the more masculine version of bro, cause you say it twice.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#262 - Dec. 18, 2013, 5:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Bolgar
The bean counters decide what is good game play at blizz these days. It's no surprise that creativity is long gone. Cut and paste will do wonders.

That would also explain why 2 out of the 5 expansions were about killing the Beanmen of Legumia. I'm so sick of it! We get it, beans are full of protein and fiber, it's just not an interesting story anymore guys. Move on.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#265 - Dec. 18, 2013, 5:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Sternbridge
Please save Kargath Bladefist, Bashiok. You're his only hope. He needs to join the New Horde.

His... hand is a blade. Evil. That raid encounter writes itself, man.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#267 - Dec. 18, 2013, 5:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Kipery
So if we assume that WoD is creatively bankrupt the question is how many trolls are we fighting, mon?

Alladem, mon. It be a troll ovahload up in ere. Dey be pourin' out dah Shattrath pon some kinda... portal ting ... or whutevah. Thrall have mercy.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#275 - Dec. 18, 2013, 5:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Sternbridge
But he fights for freedom of his clan against tyranny. If George Washington replaced his hand with a flintlock, would that make him evil?

Absolutely. Weapon limbs=evil. Unless your name is Ash.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#279 - Dec. 18, 2013, 5:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Newsflash
Never forget Orc Shoulder bug 2007.

Oh man, I look back on that now and laugh because it's so perfectly silly, but at the time it was the end of the world.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#326 - Dec. 18, 2013, 6:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
TBC: A Nightelf, lots of Blood Elves, lots of Orcs, some Naga, and demons/undead.

WotLK: A human, an Old God, a big bug, a lich, and all races fairly well represented as Scourge mobs.

Cata: A dragon, a fire elemental, another dragon, a smattering of other races as underlings.

MoP: Trolls, Mogu, and Orcs, including an invasion or Orgrimmar itself.

WoD: ORCS AGAIN!!!

This post told me: you didn't play TBC or pay much attention to ANY of the storylines other than the race of what mob you were fighting. So let me spin this differently for you:

Vanilla: Elementals, dragons (some orcs in BRS/BWL, yes, but there were undead in Stratholme and Scholomance), Quiraji, Old Gods, the Scourge.

TBC: Naga, Pit Lords, Gronn, Blood Elves, Draenei, Demons, Demon Hunters =), Kil'freaking'jaden (between BT and SW, I think I had a loregasm)...

Wrath: A.R.T.H.A.S. The scourge was the absolute central focus of this expansion. Orcs helped the other races assault ICC, but that's about it. Poor Saurfang =/ (Ulduar was an incredible diversion, but it didn't really forward the narrative all that much regarding Arthas - it was more about the Titans.)

Cata: Ogres (Cho'gall), Dragons, dragons, more dragons. Old gods (yes Thrall was prominent, but this makes sense as his shamanistic mastery of the elements was the only thing keeping the world together).

Mists: How much time did you spend killing Sha before you killed a SINGLE orc? Mantid? Celestials? Does timeless isle or ToT have any Orc tie? Horridorc? Jin'orc the Breaker?

My point is...you're seeing only what you want to see because SoO is what is right in front of you.[/quote]

mmmmmmmm facts
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#328 - Dec. 18, 2013, 6:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Vanilla: Elementals, dragons (some orcs in BRS/BWL, yes, but there were undead in Stratholme and Scholomance), Quiraji, Old Gods, the Scourge.

TBC: Naga, Pit Lords, Gronn, Blood Elves, Draenei, Demons, Demon Hunters =), Kil'freaking'jaden (between BT and SW, I think I had a loregasm)...

Wrath: A.R.T.H.A.S. The scourge was the absolute central focus of this expansion. Orcs helped the other races assault ICC, but that's about it. Poor Saurfang =/ (Ulduar was an incredible diversion, but it didn't really forward the narrative all that much regarding Arthas - it was more about the Titans.)

Cata: Ogres (Cho'gall), Dragons, dragons, more dragons. Old gods (yes Thrall was prominent, but this makes sense as his shamanistic mastery of the elements was the only thing keeping the world together).

Mists: How much time did you spend killing Sha before you killed a SINGLE orc? Mantid? Celestials? Does timeless isle or ToT have any Orc tie? Horridorc? Jin'orc the Breaker?

My point is...you're seeing only what you want to see because SoO is what is right in front of you.

mmmmmmmm facts
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#394 - Dec. 18, 2013, 7:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Sanctifìed
I guess im bothered that actions in this past, wont affect present day. it's considered "separate".

Iron Horde orcs are pouring through the Dark Portal into your home. It will absolutely be affecting your present day... and you were just starting to make a sandwich. Jerks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#435 - Dec. 18, 2013, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/18/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Skul
Why the hell would the old world orcs even follow Garrosh? Did he suddenly best guldan? Not get his head removed by orgrim doomhammer? These orcs from the past were a very brutal bunch, and you expect some pansy new orc raised in nagrand to be able to control them enough to even muster an army? Who would follow garrosh when nerzhul or orgrim are alive?

He has lasers.