I Feel Silly For Writing This...

#1 - Dec. 16, 2013, 1:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I feel a bit silly for writing this and a tad pathetic as well. I'm new to WoW. I only started playing a few weeks ago. I am really enjoying the game so far, but I have a small problem. I need friends!

I'm a nice guy. I'm mature, intelligent, patient and willing to work as a team. In short, I try to be the person to others that I know I would want to play with. Sadly, very few people on the game seem friendly or social! When I get into a group, I always greet everyone and try to make conversation, but I rarely get a response. Usually, I get ignored as if I didn't say anything at all! This won't necessarily make me stop playing, but my gaming experience is definitely lessened.

The worst thing about my situation is that I KNOW that there have got to be cool people out there--people of a similar mindset. The only questions are: where are they and how do I find them? I just want to make some friends. :(

P.S. This could be a great time to bring up a possible idea for a new social feature that Blizzard could implement into the game. In order to help bring like-minded individuals together, Blizzard could create a "personality survey" that quizzes you on your gameplay preferences. It would sort of be like a dating website's matchmaking system, only it would group people based on what they like (and don't like) in-game. I know that this would definitely help me. I'm swimming in an ocean of people, and I don't know anyone.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#82 - Dec. 18, 2013, 2:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/16/2013 05:52 AMPosted by Elëkaii
I feel a bit silly for writing this and a tad pathetic as well. I'm new to WoW. I only started playing a few weeks ago. I am really enjoying the game so far, but I have a small problem. I need friends!

Nothing pathetic about it at all! I think it's cool that you took the initiative to make things happen.

I wish you luck finding some like minded pals to play with. =)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#94 - Dec. 18, 2013, 2:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
PIERRE!

Oui, mademoiselle.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#115 - Dec. 18, 2013, 4:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/17/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Ajulynn

Oui, mademoiselle.

Do our quest, do our quest
We will put you to the test
We have a pendant for your neck, cherie
We wish you all the best!

Nice start! I'll get around to re-writing those lyrics sooner rather than later. It must be so!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#116 - Dec. 18, 2013, 4:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/17/2013 07:44 PMPosted by Whoops

Oui, mademoiselle.
Um.. Je t'aime?

(Did I spell that right)

Oui. Je t'aime aussi.