Dark Portal - Draenor Replacing Outland?

#1 - Dec. 13, 2013, 2:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As the title suggests, has anyone heard whether or not reaching a certain level/questprogression/Xpac will modify the dark portal to permanently send you to draenor or is there some sort of "toggle"? Wonder if Blizzard has already decided how this will be handled since we will still need to go out(land) and get herbs etc from there to level proffs and so on.

That and farming the bloody raven lord...
Forum Avatar
Community
#9 - Dec. 13, 2013, 2:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The last information in this regard was shared at BlizzCon, where it was mentioned that in Warlords of Draenor we will use the Dark Portal to travel to Draenor and that we'll be able to go to Outland through the Caverns of Time.
Forum Avatar
Community
#12 - Dec. 13, 2013, 4:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
But since then we heard that the plot is to prevent Garrosh building a Dark Portal on the other side to come and attack us... So how exactly does ours become connected to one that doesn't yet exist on past Draenor?!

I'm sure it'll all be clear when we get closer to release and more information about the expansion and the storyline is made available. We just need to be patient in the meantime!
Forum Avatar
Community
#16 - Dec. 13, 2013, 4:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Translation (or at least what i think):
A book for the lore about it will be released in the near future. (and yes, there is already a book in the making)

Sorry, but I am not very happy to be forced to buy a book to understand the lore ingame. Whole cataclysm was more of a bookaclysm. So i want to know if we will see why it happens ingame rather than be forced to read a book.

I wasn't hinting at all at a book or anything like that. I was literally hinting at nothing other than the fact that we'll know more about Warlords as we near the release of the expansion (which is kind of a "D'oh" statement anyways" :P.

You want to know if we will see why we're going to Draenor in-game? Yes, you will. That was already explained by the developers at BlizzCon. There's a nice article you can read about it here:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/08/blizzcon-2013-warlords-of-draenor-pre-launch-event/