Can guilds finally get some love in Warlords?

#1 - Dec. 4, 2013, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Been asking for this for a while, and I understand that from Blizzard's PoV only guild leaders actually deal with the whole guild interface so that's a small portion of the population, but the fact is that the whole guild is also affected by the amount of control guild leaders have, and the current controls GREATLY favor small guilds.

As a leader of a decent-sized social guild, I feel punished for being willing to recruit social members who don't contribute on the same level as some of the others, is this really the message Blizzard wants to send?

Here is my wish list for guild changes for Warlords of Draenor, to be honest anything would be helpful but these are things I think would make guild management much easier:

• 1. More ranks, 10 feels VERY limiting when I have 4 raid groups in guild and looking at adding 2 more.
  • 2. More guild bank tabs, I don't care if they're expensive or hard to unlock, but they'd be a big help
  • 3. More granularity in guild bank controls. This could easily be fulfilled by adding more possible ranks (50 sounds like a good cap, not that I'd use them all, but isn't that the point of a cap?)
  • 4. Make guild challenges capped per person, not per guild (explanation below)
  • 5. Definitely lowest on my list but, a guild "exchange" would be nice, where, similar to an AH, guild members can list stuff for sale that is ONLY available to their guild members, we have a lot of people who craft armor and are willing to let it go cheap to guild members, and while we obviously have guild chat for this it could be useful for guild members who are not on at the same time as others.

Explanation for guild challenges change:
Having a set cap per week on guild challenges punishes larger guilds, the cap instead should be on how many each PERSON can do, that way you can't have 1 group do 50 dungeons or something. For example, if you have 3 different guild groups running 5 dungeons each, they should each be able to get credit for 5.

Now, you may be asking, why does this cap punish larger guilds, and the answer is repair budgets. The guild that can be earned from these guild challenges is about 8500, we don't do the CM and RBG challenges every week but that's the cap. If you have a guild of 20 people that's 425g per week per member, if you have 200 people that's only 42.5g per week per member.

Back in Cata, we could survive because people were solo'ing old raids and adding gold to the guild bank that way, but since then we've had to cut down our repair budgets because the guild challenges are not sufficient to provide repairs for all our members, as gold looting amounts have gone to hell.

So, with my suggestion the challenges would scale with guild size, if you have 40 different 5 man groups running dungeons they can all complete up to 7 or 5 challenges or w/e amount. If you have 10 entirely separate raid groups, then they can each do one raid challenge.

To me, if you want to encourage larger guilds it just makes sense, and frankly larger guilds would probably help to rebuild the community feeling that has been destroyed, since obviously LFD and LFR cannot (and I am not saying they should) go away.
#60 - Dec. 5, 2013, 1:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Please take care not to bump threads - doing so may be considered a form of spamming which is against the Forum Code of Conduct. This thread will now be locked, thank you for your understanding.