Warlords of Draenor: No More Daily Quests :(

#1 - Nov. 26, 2013, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I've heard several times now there won't be any daily quests in WoD at the end game.

Instead, they plan on using the model being "tested out" on teh Timeless Isle of exploration to achieve goals. This has me concerned because as much as I enjoy the Timeless Isle all it really is is grinding mobs.

WoD is early enough I hope that some things are not set in stone. I totally agree that there were way to many Dailies in the beginning of Mists, but I don't want Blizzard to overcompensate the other way to none.

I think some of the issues with the beginning of MoP end game dailies were there were so many new reputations and each had it's own hub. And the fact that some were gated behind other reputations totally sucked.

I loved the way dailies were done in the Operation Shieldwall patch. Another great example would be the Firelands Invasion hub from Cataclysm patch 4.2 I believe. A small, dynamic, handful of dailies that could be completed fairly quickly that would also progress a storyline with visible results.

I realize there will be a whole slew of new reputations come 6.0's end game. What I would love to see is those reputations tied to the general questing experience of the zones the factions are located in. Finishing an entire zone's questing could get me to 1 point in revered. Getting to exhalted would only net me cosmetic items or toys, pets or mounts. If you're going to tie gear to reputation keep it to revered.

Make someone clear out every quest line in a zone and be 100. No dailies, use the dailies
for those who want the extras.

Have opposing factions. Make us pick factions to support. Increasing your rep with one faction lowers your rep with another. Choices are never a bad thing. Back to the days of chooseing between Aldor and Scryers.

Thanks for reading.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#37 - Nov. 27, 2013, 9:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/26/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Wirhl
So I've heard several times now there won't be any daily quests in WoD at the end game.

There won't be no daily quests, but we do want to get across the notion that it's not going to be the primary focus for end-game content in Warlords. We're looking at lessons learned from rewarding exploration in the Timeless Isle, and we really liked how the structured story-arc approach of Operation Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive in 5.1 worked out.