"Connected realms" problem

#1 - Nov. 15, 2013, 4:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, last night I organised a 10 man HC pug with some bnet friends. Only having 6 in group I decided to ask in Org.
Got a /w from a player who's realm has been connected to mine (Scarshield Legion).

To my astonishment I was then unable to manually add him, Bedezee, to friend's list, as it said "player not found".
It would seem that when attempting to add other players via their character name alone, that it STILL only works for characters on the same initial realm as yourself.

To encourage gameplay and teaming up, surely this should be addressed as a matter of urgency ?
Forum Avatar
Community
#4 - Nov. 15, 2013, 7:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Sounds like it's working as intended, Lswindrunner. For a simple group invite, you should be able to right-click and invite. But to add a friend, you'll need their Battletag. I'm a little rusty on this personally, but I believe that's how it works. It's just a small technical limitation unfortunately, due to the fact you are still on different realms even though they are connected.

As GrĂ¡inne said above, the server needs a little more information than just a name in this case.