Nesingwary no longer grouping properly

#1 - Nov. 14, 2013, 12:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nesingwary is no longer grouping properly with realms on the Phoenix data center. Since the merger with Vek'nilash, we've been forced onto the Los Angeles data center.

Any idea when we'll be back onto the Phoenix data center? I'm not appreciating the latency when connected to the LA center, and it's not my computer or my connection. I had none of these issues prior to our merger.
#3 - Nov. 14, 2013, 4:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Gentlebreeze,

Nesingwary hasn't moved, it's still part of the Phoenix data center. It is connected to Vek'nilash so you will see more connections to the Los Angeles center as those players move around on your screen. But you are connecting directly to the Phoenix center still when you connect to Nesingwary.

Taralin,

The realm times are just displays we tack on to help players organize on their realm. They can display anything we want and we haven't changed what they have always displayed. The actual servers are all set to UTC time so they can talk to each other properly.

#9 - Nov. 14, 2013, 9:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Gentlebreeze,

As Joynal mentioned, I'm speaking only to the technical aspects of how the realms are connected. Your server is still on the Phoenix data center, but the people you see in Cross Realm Zones now may be on the LA data center.

There's always going to be some adjustments when we make changes like this. If there are certain people you wish to play with, I'd recommend becoming BattleTag friends with them. You can always adventure together that way.

Please also note that Technical Support does not make any design decisions regarding the game. If you're upset about a change and would like to provide feedback, please use the General forums.

#30 - Nov. 15, 2013, 9:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys,

This thread is getting a bit off topic and I won't have people casting aspersions at an entire battlegroup of people. I'm going to lock it right here.

As I mentioned before, Technical Support doesn't make decisions regarding which realms you share with the cross-realm feature. We're here to help you with game crashes, disconnection and latency issues, etc. If you wish to discuss CRZ issues, I recommend creating a new thread on the General Forums where our game designers will see it. We appreciate all the feedback we get there.