Are we getting enough feedback from Blizzard

#1 - Nov. 4, 2013, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As we all know, Blizzard loves receiving a lot of feedback about their game, in this case PvP. There are always many constructive threads around, people posting great ideas and interesting discussions are going on.

However the question is, are we as a community getting enough feedback, back from Blizzard. We are lucky to get a blue post on the forums on a burning issue. But that's only there to calm the community and assure that something is being done. In my honest opinion, that isn't enough. Once in a very long while there comes a blue, sits down and chats with the community for a while about a certain topic in a thread. And that's great. But how often does that happen?

Giving feedback is no problem. But when you make it seem like your feedback doesn't matter or isn't heard, then people kind of lose motivation to continue their feedback.

More blue posts would be lovely, but what I'd really like to see is more time and dedication from Blizzard. Even something as simple as "We agree that warriors are a little over the top at the moment but want to wait and see how they play out when players are fully geared." or something like that you know? Just like you tell us, "all of your feedback matters, keep it coming!", we are saying this right back at you!

Sit down and chat with us about all the different issues that are going on. Keep us up to date about what the developers are up to. It makes us feel like we and our voices matter :) Especially right now, during these grim days..

Putting class balance aside, the CP cap bug has been unanswered for what, a week now? Hunter pet bug fixed after almost a week - 1800 hunters getting 2400 rating within 2 days because of exploiting it and no punishment to be seen. Win-traders topping ladders since the beginning of the season, is it just going to stay like that? You see it's not just about class balance. PvP is simply not being given enough attention. That is what I mean by "are we geting enough feedback from Blizzard".

This isn't just about getting more blue posts in this forum though. This is about Blizzard as a company doing more, putting in more effort and dedication into the PvP aspect of the game. And by are they giving us enough feedback I mean, discuss things with us, let us know what the devs are planning so we can discuss and help them make PvP better.

The community is putting in a lot of effort discussing things constantly in constructive threads about different issues, bringing up good ideas and changes they'd like to see. I don't see what's wrong with letting us in on discussing how to balance the game. Or at least releasing more PvP blogs and i think it would be best to release these PvP blogs monthly, as well as monthly hot-fixes.

And in those hot-fixes there should be tiny balance changes, so that when it comes to a new patch, there aren't that many big drastic changes that could ruin the next patch for a long period of time again before it gets fixed continuing this endless vicious cycle.We pay for it to play it, we deserve a little bit more than what we're getting at the moment.
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - Nov. 5, 2013, 10:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/11/2013 23:16Posted by Puffypaws
However the question is, are we as a community getting enough feedback, back from Blizzard.
What is it that you would like to hear more from us about? We regularly communicate on the hot topics that we see on the forums, however we want to ensure that we don't detract from the feedback that is being given in a particular thread. We especially don't want to end up derailing a good discussion simply by being present, or by what we bring to the discussion. Sometimes it's better for us to let a topic run its course as this is at heart a community forum for you guys to discuss the game.

Once in a very long while there comes a blue, sits down and chats with the community for a while about a certain topic in a thread. And that's great. But how often does that happen?
I personally try to jump in here to chat with you all on a regular basis, just as the other Community team members do. Remember that the work that the community team does isn't solely about posting on the forums, in fact posting here on the forums and on social media is just one small part of the job that we do.

But when you make it seem like your feedback doesn't matter or isn't heard, then people kind of lose motivation to continue their feedback.
A blue post in a thread is not intended as a way for us to show that a thread has been read, our posts are simply that, posts. We read every thread possible and we relay the feedback that you give back to the developers, they even read the forums and your feedback themselves. Understand that your feedback does matter to us, in fact every voice matters to us, it's one of our core values. Don't lose that motivation to provide quality feedback as it does help to make World of Warcraft a better game for everyone.

More blue posts would be lovely, but what I'd really like to see is more time and dedication from Blizzard. Even something as simple as "We agree that warriors are a little over the top at the moment but want to wait and see how they play out when players are fully geared." or something like that you know? Just like you tell us, "all of your feedback matters, keep it coming!", we are saying this right back at you!
I actually made a similar post about Blood Death Knights recently saying that we're aware of the difficulties players are facing against them. On the topic of Warriors, we're aware that Warrior participation numbers have increased, but this is mainly due to the changes in 5.4. Warriors also scale incredibly well with weapons, which many players have recently gotten and all of this means a lot of players are trying the class out, or have gone back to a Warrior that they'd stopped playing previously, and so on.

We are keeping an eye on Warrior performance, but don't want to nerf them if it turns out to be unnecessary.

Sit down and chat with us about all the different issues that are going on. Keep us up to date about what the developers are up to. It makes us feel like we and our voices matter :)
Your voices do matter greatly to us, and we try to sit down and chat with you all whenever we can. Be sure to remember that the feedback you provide is of great importance to us and if you wish to even provide any about the Community team and its members performance or interactions, including mine, then please do so by sending an email to CMFeedback-EN@Blizzard.com
Forum Avatar
Community
#23 - Nov. 5, 2013, 12:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To quell the comments about Warriors in this thread before they get out of hand; I in no way said that Warriors as a class are fine or perfectly balanced. I also didn't say that we wouldn't be making changes to them due to their current state.

My post simply stated some of the reasons for the increased participation numbers that we've been seeing from Warriors as a class in Arena. I also said that we're watching the performance of the Warrior class closely and we'll make changes if required. We will make a change for Warriors, but that's more in the spirit of making Arena more enjoyable, rather than as a direct nerf to the class. The main thing that we don't want to do is nerf the class unnecessarily or too much to avoid another issue.

05/11/2013 11:32Posted by Ishayu
I don't care how popular they are, there is no reason why Warrior representation should be higher than that of all other melee specs combined.
Representation is not an indicator for class strength, but more for the classes popularity. Class strength is of course a factor in its popularity, but it isn't the be all and end all.