Sincere question

#1 - Nov. 1, 2013, 3:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not trolling nor judging. Just trying to understand.

I don't understand something that guys do a lot in this game. If a woman says she is a female as a way to explain why she doesn't like something in this obviously male-dominated game, why do so many guys get nasty with her?

I don't feel like I'm explaining this very well.

For example, many women don't trash talk each other like guys do (some do, but many don't). So if a woman says "I'm a girl and this kind of thing hurts my feelings," why do guys get so mad? Isn't it legit for her to refer to the fact that trash-talking in a videogame is not something commonly done by many women, and that therefore being called names and insulted is not taken the same way a man might take it?

Why is it a source of utter derision when a person says "I am hurt by that behavior?"

I am particularly baffled by all this since some WoW players claim to want female companionship. Why, then, would you go attack dog on a woman who says that sometimes the meanness in WoW hurts her feelings? If one actually wants female companionship, not demanding that all women adopt the norms of geeky teenage boys might be a place to start on that.

Anyway, I just don't get the attitude toward women. A lot of forum guys seem to genuinely HATE them. I have no idea what that is . . .mommie issues?
#190 - Nov. 1, 2013, 10:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We ask that the members of our Community do their best to treat one another civilly and with respect. As the post has drawn out some less than appropriate commentary, it will now be locked.