LFR Queue

#1 - Oct. 24, 2013, 3:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Wanted to try out the new Downfall today!
Log in, queue up, only to notice a 38min queue time! Yay! And when I get in I have maybe 15-20 mins to play before I have to go

Seriosly, whats up with the queues?
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - Oct. 24, 2013, 4:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In my experience, queue times can vary depending on a few different factors including the time of day and which day of the week it is. I usually end up trying to get my alts through on a Tuesday night, and the queues often seem quite short at that point.

If time is your main obstacle, you might want to consider getting a group of like-minded guildies or friends together and tackling it on Flex difficulty at a set time each week ^^
Forum Avatar
Community
#32 - Oct. 25, 2013, 12:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
25/10/2013 13:07Posted by Overlooked
If time is your main obstacle

at a set time each week

You do know that these are opposites, right? I like on-the-fly gaming, and suggesting that if I want to do on-the-fly gaming I have to temporally constrain it is just completely oxymoronic.

No, the OP said he didn't have much time, so the queues he was experiencing meant he didn't get much actual raiding in. Arranging a set time to log in and begin raiding immediately, as I suggested, may be beneficial in his case. However, if you don't know when you'll be free to jump into the game, then obviously the suggestion wouldn't be ideal for you.

25/10/2013 13:07Posted by Overlooked
How about further incentivising Tanks/Healers and turning the difficulty knob down some more in LFR to reduce time spent in there, instead of trying to kill off the very tool propping up raids?

We do monitor feedback on the difficulty of LFR and we adjust accordingly—we've made changes since SoO was released. But which do you think is better, that the overall difficulty drops because of wipes, or people try to learn the encounters and step up to the challenge?