How to make WoW more fun / flexible!

#1 - Oct. 18, 2013, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,
I'm a long time WoW Player, playing since classic.
I have 11x 90 (each class). I leveled each class +10 level with each addon, no level equip, no friend stuff, mount with 40 (60 with classic), old shool leveling...

I'm not an addict or whatever, I had 10 month break, played for 2-3 month, then 10 month break and so on, all the time like that. I just skiped "raiding", just PvP. So I had the time / target to get all classes up. (Knowing your enemy is power!)

What I try to explain here is, what could make WoW more fun for us long term players.

###########################

Account-Soulbound-Items (PvP)
EDIT: Jump / Read to post too #5 !!

The Time-Island brings us a good example of that.
You can get items, a little bit below the actual raid content, or better said, good enough items to start with raiding. This gives you the possibility to get into the actual content, much better.
For those people, with more then one charackter, this is a pretty good idea. This keeps the fun in WoW. When you just play one champion, it can be boring pretty fast, so you "twink".
But you lose the fun, when it needs to long to get this twink into action.

The idea of the Time-Island "Account-Soulbound" items, is genius!
Really well done, Blizzard!

But, for those PvP-Oriented people, it should give something similar!
Why you can't buy, "Account-Soulbound" PvP Gear (the normal battleground gear, for normal honor points), to send it your twinks?

Who don't know this:
Your new class is lvl 90, you just enter the battleground, and you die instantly with 2-3 hits, because your gear is !@#$ty. You just "die" trough the battleground. Means, hours / weeks of just "dying"...

Think about that:
Your Main-Charackter, has PvP-Equip, and fun to play some battlegrounds.
If you could buy "Account-Souldbound" PvP-Gear (same that you would normally buy with your twink directly), you could just play with your main, have fun in battleground, spend the honor for your twink. Until your twink have enough gear to have fun in battleground too or be able to play arena / rated BGs! So you don't have that bad "dying" for weeks feeling, like you have it right now.
So, you are usefull to your team-mates. So you don't just die, without being able to do something...
This little change, would give us a lot more fun, because:

• It still makes sense to play normal battlegrounds with your main char, because you can spend the honor for your twink items
  • YOU can decide, when to enter a BG with twink, and when not. Never feel the "dying phase" of battlegrounds...
  • Your twink, can instantly start to make RBGs / Arena, when done.It's exactly similar to the PvE-Content. To catch up, the current gear-score, isn't easy with a new charackter. Like for me, 11x 90. A new season starts, and I have to Equip everything by new (normal). But it would make more fun, when I could just play with my main class. Until the class is full equiped. Then, I can just stay on this class, and enjoy the fights (fair, balanced, no victim for others). I can spend my honor for "Account-Souldbound on use" PvP-Gear, and send it to my twink class. Until I feel that I have enough gear to play with this twink. Until THAT point, I can decide, play with main, or twink. TO get more honor, for the other classes.

This easy change means, I'm MORE free to decide, with which class I want to play right now.
    With WHICH class, I have the most fun right now (today). I'm not forced, to play my Warrior, to equip my warrior (with normal BG gear), when I'm in the mood to heal people with my Monk. So I can play with my Monk-Heal, but spend the honor for my Warrior Items.

BUT, don't make this to the highend content, like RBG / Arena gear.
    It's just for the normal honor gear. For example right now, 496 BG gear, should be "Account-Soulbound on use", and the 522 gear NOT!

If you want to play in the HIGH END content, you will play RBG / Arena with the class you want to equip better! :) And that's good how it it right now.

This change, don't means that people will play less hours, or that they get stuff faster. Nope, the time / energy to spend to get what you want, is the same. But the frustration level, and the flexibility is MUCH better (higher), so that the FUN is increased by far!!!

Jobs

What can I say to jobs.
    Jobs are fine, jobs are good, but I have a real time job, so this shouldn't be that ugly in WoW...

Everyone, who have more then one charackter (class) knows, how ugly it is to level the job...
    Make it easier, to skill from 1-max, like it is right now with "Inscription". You just can farm in Pandaria, and you can change the highest mats 1:1 with the lower, to level your job when you are 90! That's pretty nice. Make it like that for ALL jobs!

The next big frustration is, that you need to login your charackter, make a daily production, and logoff... Like for the "Lightning Steel" or for the "Imperial Silk".
    You have a 24h cool down on those productions... That's just SUCK. This makes no sense, not at all. If Blizzard wants that this is harder to get. Or need longer to get the product you want to create with it, then JUST increase the value you need, for the product...
    Instead of making a 24h CD on it.

Why the 24h CD suck?
    Totally easy explained. You are forced, to login ONCE a day, to produce it.
    You are forced to do that, with all 11 classes (just for example).
    To be forced, to something, is NEVER fun. So, WoW feels more like "I have to", not like "I can do". And "I can do" is always a better experience in live then a "I have to" !!!

What I'm trying to say is, when they remove 24h CD, you just can say, ok I can't play / want to play right now, so you can make 3 days pause! Then, you play again, and you tell yourself, OK I need to farm "Lightning Steel" (for example). So you start doing that, between battleground invites, or whatever. So, it's totally up to you, HOW many time you spend into farming the materials you need! And that you have to be on a specific area, to create something, is stupid too... Like for the "Imperial Silk". Remove those things to pls :)

So, it's better to INCREASE the amount of material you need, for something, then making a 24h CD on it. Because, then you are free to decide, when to farm, and HOW LONG you farm it. If you farm 24/7, then yes you'll get the final product faster, but that's based on your OWN work. And you deserve it faster. And yes, this can produce a "I have to farm" feeling too, BUT for a healthy person, who can control itself, it's more freedom. It just feels FREE to decide, what you want to do RIGHT now.

You don't need to login each day of a week, with all your charackters, to produce your daily material... You just can farm, when you decide to do, when you are have FUN to do. Not like "you have to do".

Perhaps make "Mining" and "Herbalism" to a secondary job, not a main job.
    So you can farm between instance / BG invites. It makes no real sense to let this as a main job nowadays. For me, I just have ONE charackter as a "Mining" and "Herbalism", and all other charackters have 2 real jobs. AND 90% out there doing it like that. All those long term players, have twinks, and so it makes no sense, to let those 2 jobs as a "main job"!

Make "Reputation" the same for all charackters.
    How frustrating is it, that you have to farm it again and again and again, for all your charackters itself... This just, makes no sense :(
    Make it Accound-Bound, or atleast "Realm-Bound". So when I get the "Max Reputation" for a fraction with my warrior, my warlock have it too!

For example. My Warlock is a "Tailor", and my Mage too.
    When I have to farm reputation for a fraction, to get the recept, I need to do it with the other charackter too. And this, makes no fun. To be honest, such things increase the frustration about the game, little piece by piece. Such things, aren't a big thing, but everything together, makes it just sad...

For such fractions like "Shado-Pan Assault", it shouldn't be Account / Realm based, because you just get the reputation trough raids. But then, you shouldn't make job recepts to those fractions. Just the item's for the raid itself! :) So each charackter have to do the real raids, to get the stuff. That's ok!

But for job recept reputation, it just sucks terrible...
    I hope it make sense, and was understandable :)

Soulbound Items:

It's to much "Soulbound" in that game too, and "Account-Bound" items aren't Account-Bound. They are "REALM BOUND". That sucks... change the tooltip to "Realm Bound" or better make it really Accound-Bound ;-)

Overall said: Blizzard have to try hard, to remove the "I have to do" feelings in that game, and replace it with "I can do, when I feel to".
    WoW is a great game, but this let me quit the game so often in the past... And all my friends agreed that. I wouldn't make 10 month breaks if the fun would keep, so that's a big point to fix :)

If you like my ideas, pls order a sticky for it, so that it will be seen!
    It's time to change the game, for more flexibility, and fun! :)

Summary

• Account-Soulbound (normal) honor PvP-Items
  • Make jobs easier to skill, like "Inscription" Remove 24h CDs for jobs, if needed better increase the amount of farm materials
  • Make "Mining" and "Herbalism" as a secondary job (not main)
  • Account-Bound should be really Accound-Bound, not realm bound. OR change tooltip!
  • Account-/Realm Bound Reputation for job recepts
  • Forum Avatar
    Customer Service
    #2 - Oct. 19, 2013, 9:46 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Hey Jingfei,
    I'm afraid this isn't the place for suggestions, you would need to make them in-game.