Carrion Swarm Not on Knockbacks CC List

#1 - Oct. 14, 2013, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I just read the current CC List and noticed that the Demonology Warlock's Carrion Swarm is not on the knockbacks list. I don't know if this was left out intentionally.

Also, why is the Succubus/Shivarra Mesmerize a fear, and not a mesmerize cc?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Oct. 14, 2013, 7:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/14/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Tikz
So I just read the current CC List and noticed that the Demonology Warlock's Carrion Swarm is not on the knockbacks list. I don't know if this was left out intentionally.

Carrion Swarm does not DR, so it wasn't included on the list. There's actually a handful of CC effects like that.

10/14/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Tikz
Also, why is the Succubus/Shivarra Mesmerize a fear, and not a mesmerize cc?

This is for balance purposes. That said, we are looking at Seduction/Mesmerize for some potential changes in the future.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - Oct. 14, 2013, 10:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Carrion Swarm does not DR, so it wasn't included on the list. There's actually a handful of CC effects like that.

If at all possible, could you add a list of all CCs that don't DR?

I'd love to, but pulling that data is a lot trickier. To get technical for a second, the stickied list was pulled from the section of our database that stores info about diminishing returns. Effects that don't DR don't have an entry there, so the name never comes up.

That does mean, however, that if something isn't listed anywhere in that thread, it's either not affected by diminishing returns, or simply doesn't work on players at all.