CC and Diminishing returns

#1 - Oct. 14, 2013, 2:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't PvP, but the recently stickied CC and Diminishing returns list left my head spinning.

When ppl complain about being locked down beyond their control, I used to think they were probably exaggerating, but I'm not so sure now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Oct. 14, 2013, 7:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As our senior PvP designer Brian Holinka tweeted over the weekend, we've got some pretty solid goals for the future regarding crowd control. We do think it needs to be toned back a bit, both in the amount of CC effects available and in how frequently they can be used.

That said, CC is still an integral part of World of Warcraft PvP. Dealing with it intelligently, both in choosing when to use your own CC as well as reacting to opponent CC's, does have strong gameplay value.

10/14/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Kallìk
Honestly going to guess they're getting the exact opposite of what they planned from it.

Our only "plans" were to try to make an admittedly confusing system less so. Confusion about which CC effects share DR's doesn't help anyone.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - Oct. 14, 2013, 8:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/14/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Kronosh
Regardless, you may want to take another look at that list. Not all of that information is correct.

What do you feel is incorrect? The info in that thread is taken directly from our database.