The Emperor's Way

#1 - Oct. 9, 2013, 1:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I saw the interview posted by blizzard on their official youtube channel yesterday with the J. Allen Brack, lead encounter designer Ion Hazzikostas, and game director Tom Chilton and this got me thinking.

If you haven't seen it here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeV5Cj7sES8

Around 6:00 min mark Ion Hazzikostas mentions the biggest problem I have with completing the legendary quest and I guess a lot of people who are a little behind on it or those with alts will eventually face.

Most players have already obtained their legendary cloaks and have defeated all of the celestials. However because or in spite of the fact that only one of them drops loot most people leave the raid group after the first kill making it incredibly hard to progress further with the completion of the task at hand.

There is a problem with this quest that blizzard developers have failed to factor in when they designed it.

It is incredibly difficult to try and pug a new group and kill a new celestial on the same day especially on low population servers which leaves you with the predicament of either constantly hanging out at the Timeless isle or Trade and hope more people will eventually join or wait until next week when they reset and pray that it won't be the same celestial you've just killed.

Please do take this under consideration and alter either the quest or the loot from the celestials because this makes it incredibly difficult and frustrating for those who didn't get their legendary on day 1 of the new patch.

Thank you for your attention.
Forum Avatar
Community
#2 - Oct. 9, 2013, 3:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/10/2013 14:39Posted by Plokoon
It is incredibly difficult to try and pug a new group and kill a new celestial on the same day

Hello Plokoon,

We know that finding groups to kill the celestials whenever you want can be a bit difficult sometimes, particularly for realms where the population isn’t very high.
We will be trying to improve WoW’s gameplay by adjusting the population levels with our upcoming Connected Realms feature that will soon be introduced in EU.

While that doesn’t happen, there are still other ways to get a group going, these two come to mind:
- oQueue: an addon that allows you to very easily group up with other players via cross-realm.
- Openraid: a very user friendly website that focuses on building cross-realm groups by providing a good and intuitive interface to do so. (search: World Boss events || Celestials)