Wipe aversion

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#112 - Sept. 25, 2013, 3:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Over the years, I've felt that the community as a whole has become increasingly wipe averse.

We don't like doing things where our characters die. This isn't necessarily unreasonable. We'd like to be in situations where we always come out on top. Where we're the hero and we save the day, kill the bad guy, and rescue the girl.

But I remember a time where we literally had wipe nights. When we'd bang our heads against a single boss all night long, wipe, re-clear trash and try again. With LFR, that's not happening. We hit a snag, wipe, and 3 people drop. Wipe again and 6 more go. Three times? You're luck if the raid holds together enough to replace people. New people join, see the buff and zone out immediately.

How do people feel about wiping? About what they see in response to new content where people are learning? How many times is too many for you? Do you feel people need more patience and fortitude?

Keep it reasonable, folks. This isn't an insult your fellow player thread.

I tend to stick it out. Even when I see people leave, I stay. I'll stay until I'm the last one there even. I'm just stubborn like that. I figure, there's only so many times you can fail before you start succeeding. You just have to give yourself (and the party) a chance to get to that point.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#131 - Sept. 25, 2013, 3:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/25/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Fairadey
I tend to stick it out. Even when I see people leave, I stay. I'll stay until I'm the last one there even.

I have literally been the last person in a lfr, waiting for 24 others to zone in. Maybe I've watched to many 80's sports movies where giving up wasn't acceptable.

Me too. ;)