PvP power no match for PvE Gear in World PvP

#1 - Sept. 20, 2013, 5:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First off I am on a PvP server, and this is directed as such.

It seems that with a base line resil of 72%, It's almost impossible to do enough damage to be a threat. Even with 40-50% PvP power, the health pools given by PvE gear and the bonuses are a massive hurdle to overcome.

I understand the PvP power must be balanced to prevent 1 shots or popping all CD's to burst someone down, but PvP power in it's current state feels weak.

I have noticed that Blizz has started to balance gear when in BG's which is a good step, but in World PvP; nothing is done to give people decked in PvP gear an edge over LFR heroes.

Is it possible to boost PvP power when outside of BG's, and bring it back in line when you jump in? It just doesn't seem fair to have such a large handicap on people who enjoy World PvP. Again, gear scaling is possible, so why not have an extra 15-20% PvP power when outside a BG, and just knock it back down when in a BG to avoid the CD+Trink Burst that the resil buff was meant to prevent.

And again, this is coming from a person on a PvP server, Not PvE. Ganks are part of the realm, it's a double edged sword that we accepted. Yeah, I understand people who roll on a PvE Server don't want to partake in such shenanigans and have their experience ruined by a griefer. But to my understanding, you can toggle PvP on and off, even in "contested" areas (Panderia, Timeless Isle, Southshore . . .)

What doesn't feel right is that people who did grind honor and conquest for the gear aren't a danger, as even the LFR PvE gear gives more health, damage, and bonuses.

Thoughts?
#75 - Sept. 20, 2013, 9:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this because it's getting rather off topic. Free free to discuss world pvp issues, but please avoid attacking other players. We want to encourage everyone to share their opinion constructively.

---Rax