Way too easy to gear up alts now

#1 - Sept. 19, 2013, 12:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey!

Most people seem to love this but i think it's really annoying.
You can go from a fresh lvl 90 to 500+ average item level in just a couple of hours now.
Actually one guy in my guild did that today. He had 439 item level 2 hours ago and now he has 502.

This also means that there is no point to play the older MoP raids MSV, HoF and ToES anymore. You can go straight to Timeless Isle and 2 hours later hop on SoO (LFR) and with some luck get 528 gear (528 is insanely high for LFR. Should be much lower).

I'm really starting to understand all the people that are saying that wow is getting easier and easier.
Forum Avatar
Community
#9 - Sept. 19, 2013, 3:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I dinged a fresh 90 on Monday, and yes I went straight to the Timeless Isle. However, in questing greens & blues, I had a very hard time. Also, I still have to go through all the old raids in LFR to unlock the latest content, not to mention get my item level high enough to enter.

I've picked up a few purples on the Timeless Isle, but I'm still nowhere near high enough yet to enter SoO LFR. Sure, if you go for it really hard and prepare with crafted goods, Valor gear etc. I'm sure it can be done. But that's why the system's good IMO, if you put in the effort you can be caught up quickly, if you're more of a casual player like me it's going to take a while, and I'm fine with that personally.

I much prefer this to the alternative—getting my alt to level 90 then having to go through the exact same content I spent months on with my other characters.