Blizzard live up to their C.O.D.?

#1 - March 17, 2012, 10:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Last week I was in a random dungeon and got a group of the same friends from the same South American (Brazilian) server. BTW this doesn't mean every player from S.A. is bad or bad mannered. There are many in each country.

It started decent, they started talking about USA a few jokes here and there once they found out I spoke English. We wiped on a boss, then they started to talk about 9/11 and how the explosions from the AOE boss spell looked like the "twin towers." We run back, then we wipe again after they didn't run out of the AOE once again. Next all I see in chat
<removed>
They also said a bunch of things in Spanish that I couldn't really understand but I am sure it was related to this.

I insisted in telling them that I may not be white and that America has name cultures and races.

This made things worst, then the African American jokes started to come and how I was a "slave" and I should clean their house.

Then they decided to make fun of my transmog and call me An American Solider and tell me I should die now. They would then pull extra mobs just to see me die, along with themselves and LOL afterwards.

We were in Grim Batol, Suddenly, they started to jump off the edge and "trying to copy" the people in 9/11 jumping off the building as they were on fire.

Comments like this went on for sometime. I usually don't but I opened up a ticket because what they were saying and doing was pushing it too much. My date time for a GM was 4 Days 5 Hours. I remember seeing someone a few weeks ago opening a ticket mention it was her/his birthday and they (I believe) got a reply the same day.

I was soon kicked afterwards when I refused to tank any longer.

In my ticket I was specific with the names, times, place, realm, guild name. I even used the words 9/11 and killing people, racist jokes and so on. I was expecting they had a system that these words would come out fast and I was quickly get a reply. I never did.

3 days later, I check my email at school and notice they finally got my ticket. Sure enough the same thing that always get about how "we will take measures into our own hands and deal with this but it will remain private."

Fair enough until last night... Joined a random and I get the SAME GROUP. I was shocked. I was hoping for AT LEAST weeks ban. But sure enough, 3 of the same 4 people where there and they remembered me and was just LOLLL all over again. I quickly left in disappointment.

Back in Villa, I remember people quickly got a 48 hour ban for using any racist words or threats. These days, it just seems hopeless. Almost every BG, random dungeon, and even trade chat channels are now filled with people just harassing, insulting, using bad language, racism, and yet, nothing is done, they get reported and back there again the next day.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#29 - March 21, 2012, 9:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Problems I have with this Shavano is 1. You didn't put ANY of this in your petition and 2. After reviewing 3 sets of chat - theirs and yours over a 4 hour period of time - I don't see ANY of this.

I do see you getting upset and demanding the healer be kicked and refusing to participate in the group and a bit of a heated exchange, but from what I've been able to find - this story is cut from whole cloth, sorry.

We do take harassment very seriously, but there are always multiple sides of any exchange. As others have mentioned, you may wish to place these players on /ignore to avoid ever potentially being grouped with them in the future.