Legendary meta gems work or not?

#1 - Sept. 18, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I recall that they dont work in the new tier, but i cant remember if they will work in the timeless isle gear. Just wondering before i drop alot of gold on a new one.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Sept. 18, 2013, 6:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you're referring to the meta-gems awarded by Wrathion from The Crown of Heaven they will continue to work as those gems don't have a Sha-Touched or Armament of the Thunder King requirement.

However, there was a change in 5.4 while using meta-gems outside of the intended specialization.

• Capacitive Primal Diamond, and Legendary melee cloaks (Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen, and Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen) now have a 40% reduced chance to activate its effects for characters that are in a tanking specialization.
  • Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #9 - Sept. 18, 2013, 6:52 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    09/18/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Yablonski
    Which was a very lazy change. Tanks should have wanted to use the tanking items because they were better than the DPS options, not because they DPS options don't work normally for tank specs.

Good thing we also did this then.

• Indomitable Primal Diamond's effect now grants a 20% damage reduction to all damage taken (up from only physical damage), and its activation rate has been doubled.
  • Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #36 - Jan. 10, 2014, 2:24 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    From a hotfix dated December 16:

Battlegrounds and Arenas

• Legendary Metagem effects (Capacitive Primal Diamond, Courageous Primal Diamond, Indomitable Primal Diamond, and Sinister Primal Diamond) should no longer have a chance to activate while in an Arena, Battleground, or Rated Battleground.
    Also locking the thread as it was from September.