Medium pop servers need VR too.

#1 - Sept. 4, 2013, 9:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Basically as title.

I am not sure which definition Blizzard will use to make servers eligible for virtual realms. They say "low pop", but what does that cover?

From what i have noticed, most players playing on medium "classified" realms have complained that their server is severely underpopulated and that that is hindering their enjoyment of the game.

Earthen Ring, for instance, has only 300 active alliance players during peak hour. In my book that classifies as dead and deserted. ER is classified as a medium pop realm, but nothing is possible in terms of group play. ER is not a highly imbalanced realm and the Horde does not have that many more active players than the Alliance has. I cannot do anything because i can never find anyone to play with.

Yet ER is still classified as "medium".

I'd like to ask Blizzard atleast have a look at how populated medium pop servers at peak hour are and base their classifications on that rather than what the log in screen says. Medium is not correct at all. ER is dead and needs VR in order to remain a server.
Forum Avatar
Community
#13 - Sept. 5, 2013, 3:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/09/2013 22:27Posted by Shammoz
I'd like to ask Blizzard atleast have a look at how populated medium pop servers at peak hour are and base their classifications on that rather than what the log in screen says. Medium is not correct at all. ER is dead and needs VR in order to remain a server.

This is likely why Connected Realms is not available from the offset, they want to make sure they get it as right as possible.

Whilst there are Low, Medium and High as classifications, blizzard will know that some mediums may be on the lower side of medium than the higher side of medium and therefore make them connected.

Quite true.