How do you find new arena partners?

#1 - Sept. 3, 2013, 12:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This might have been discussed before but I haven't seen it recently so I thought I'd try start a constructive discussion to help new and returning players find solid arena partners.

Obviously the aim here is to avoid the long and laborious process that is searching in trade, finding partners that play with you for a few games and if you make a mistake you never hear from them again.

I myself am guilty of this I'll hold my hands up now.

Now I'm not a new player I've played since Vanilla but over time all my friends have quit and I've had to make new ones. I don't find this difficult at all however I do find Skype conversations (especially with people who don't have great English skills) quite awkward to begin with.
Once I'm over that its great.

So! On topic: How do you guys find new 'solid' arena partners? I realise that this problem will be partially taken care of with the removal of teams & implementation of cross realm arena but still, new players will want some ideas.

For example after returning to the game recently I have few friends on my realm but all of them have teams. My guild was my own with only a couple of friends in so I realised that had to change and I had to get out and meet new players.

After browsing the forums I thought the members of ride till i die (btw its til not till) were hilarious and wanted to join for a while. As soon as I join I have access to a whole host of new players who I know are interested in pvp and have a fun attitude.

Now I won't bore you any further with my story but that's just an example. Even if you're working at getting 1550 or something the key is to keep pushing yourself and try not to turn any offers down for playing some arena.

Some might be terrible but you might just find someone with real potential.

If anyone has other ideas feel free to throw them in.
Forum Avatar
Community
#7 - Sept. 3, 2013, 1:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/09/2013 13:07Posted by Raebanx
How do you guys find new 'solid' arena partners?
For me I usually end up playing with friends because they are always stable partners, but being in a good guild with other players is a huge help to find people to PvP with. A guild will offer you a friendly environment where you grow close with other players and will be able to find other people willing to join you for PvP. As you put it, Raebanx; "As soon as I join I have access to a whole host of new players who I know are interested in pvp and have a fun attitude."

If the above options aren't to your liking, there are actually plenty of other resources that you can use to locate new teammates for PvP. I would recommend taking a look at the "Looking for Players - PvP forum", Anook, Teamfind, Arena Junkies and PvP-live. You can also let other players on your server know that you are interested in finding other people to play with via the available chat channels and realm forums.

03/09/2013 13:52Posted by Tabz
It's very different if you're on a small (i.e dead) server. On Wildhammer there must be about 15 "good" PvPers (excluding the bleached bones lot). Everyone knows each other.
When patch 5.4 comes around and you can group cross-realm for arena, finding players on smaller realms should be less prominent as you can group up with players from anywhere in your region. :)

03/09/2013 13:07Posted by Raebanx
If anyone has other ideas feel free to throw them in.
I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else finds their teammates for PvP, this kind of information is a great help for newer PvP'ers to get started in the community. :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#25 - Sept. 3, 2013, 2:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/09/2013 14:25Posted by Lordofmagic
You need to link a picture of a naga in your hand whilst doing the gangnam style dance, Blizzard approved style of recruitment.
I was hired before this came into effect, I had to be able to bob my head to "What is Love" for an hour instead... :p