Did Blizzard EU reduced the customer service team?

#1 - Aug. 29, 2013, 2:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Suddenly the average ticket response time went from 5-6hrs to 2-3 days. What happened? Did you fired half of your CS team or people started to ask about 5.4?
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#4 - Aug. 29, 2013, 2:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Adlian,

We have the same staff, but it's been a bit busier lately. Please keep in mind that the estimated time takes into account all tickets across all languages, so the time may be far from accurate. Your patience is appreciated.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#13 - Aug. 29, 2013, 3:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
29/08/2013 16:16Posted by Wromthrax
- Major subscriber drop

Less players doesn't necessarily mean our support team will get less contacts. If for example we need to have an extended maintenance (or emergency maintenance for that matter), or if our servers have technical issues we need to work on, it's bound to generate contacts, in our queues, and on the forums.

- More items in online store than ever including XP boosts and who knows what else (you want more money)

Payment issues do originate contacts, so if we have more services available to players, it's understandable that there may be an increase in contacts.

- There is no major patch or change to the game happening at the moment that would cause high number of support requests (no reason for ticket queue)

Patch 5.4, Hearthstone beta, and Diablo 3 on the console come to mind.

- You have modified the support system in game, when you want to open a ticket you can't do it like before, you have to click through options out of which 80% simply redirect you to a FAQ, to be able to write a ticket and talk to a person you have to lie and click "I have another question" always (less staff)

For players who were used to submit a ticket via the account management page, the transition was simple; on the other hand, those who were only used to the "old" in-game system, it's understandable it may take some time to learn the new system.

You're right though, our guided entry system is designed so that we can offer self-help solutions without the need of a contact. If we can help you without the need to contact our customer support, it's a win-win situation.

As for the system itself, we're constantly improving it so that it covers the needs of our players.

- Quality of customer support has dropped significantly over last few years, I remember the times when GMs used to make jokes and say goodbyes with a funny remark, this is now very rarely a case, why? Well they simply don't have time for it it seems, to many tickets to solve and very little people with job to do it (less staff)

If you're unhappy with a customer support experience you had recently, please send an email to CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com and this will be looked into.

As there's nothing else to add to this topic, I shall lock it now. Thank you once again for your patience, and I hope your issue is resolved soon.