All old raids and dungeons soon getting updated

#1 - Aug. 28, 2013, 7:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Read on mmo champ that the tech to update everything and make it "current content" is now in place, just needs suitable rewards for re-running it all.

Great news imo.
Forum Avatar
Community
#11 - Aug. 28, 2013, 9:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think you might be referring to this interview with Vanion.

We still need to find an appropriate reward scheme for the scaled up content though, so feel free to share your eureka moments, might help out our devs and eventually speed things up a bit, as Tom said, we won’t be seeing this happen until some point in the future.

I don’t know about you guys, but personally, this news is so exciting that I think I’ll be running faster than usual for a while.
Forum Avatar
Community
#56 - Aug. 28, 2013, 12:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
28/08/2013 10:56Posted by Johni
To me it spells good news, even though it could be considered "recycled content". It'd be nice to give these older things more attention and bumping them up to the level cap seems to be the right way to go.

I see it as a chance to make all that incredibly rich and awesome “lost” content relevant once again.
I always felt it was a tiny bit disheartening to see such well-designed dungeons that used to be the “crème de la crème” of past expansions, end up being skipped by most new players. I mean, new content should still be the main focus and the most rewarding, but if we can revive it in a way that it does justice to what that content once was and to the challenges that it used to represent, then I think it can come out as awesome fresh new experiences for new players and at the same time provide a much higher diversity of content at max level for everyone else.

New content is great but “new” is such a fleeting thing… I think diversity is just as important as freshness. More available dungeons = less chance to get bored.
We’ll see how this goes (if/when this comes out), but I’m sure I will enjoy it no matter what, can’t wait to run some of my favourite dungeons once again at max level, and there are so many of them!

28/08/2013 11:23Posted by Maxwell
I also like the challenge of trying to solo older raids, but I guess that's just me.

Please take this is with a grain of salt, but I believe the current idea would be to still preserve the option to run content at their originally designed level if the player wishes to. (Gamebreaker interview at 29:00)