Excited for 5.4?

#1 - Aug. 27, 2013, 9:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am looking forward to 5.4, to be honest this is the most excited I have been for a patch. I don't really care about all the balance etc. Just the new changes here and there, you know?

So, you guys excited or not? Explain- if you want to.
Forum Avatar
Community
#10 - Aug. 28, 2013, 9:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
28/08/2013 08:36Posted by Ayano
5.4 is certainly looking much better than 5.3 at the very least.
It's great to see you all showing your interest in the upcoming patch. If there are any particular things that you like about the new patch or that you would like to give some feedback on, please feel free to let us know in more detail. :)

28/08/2013 09:40Posted by Kupala
Which there obviously will be :)
Why do you feel this will be the case? In patch 5.4 there is an item level ceiling for PvE items that Grievous gear is exempt from. This means that at the start of the patch no PvE gear will go over item level 496 and the cap will increase at a rate of 1 item level point per week until it reaches a maximum of 512. Since season 14 items are item level 522, Greivous Gladiator gear will be the better choice as it will have at least an additional 10 iLvl's in instanced PvP since it's exempt from that cap.

Not only this, but equipping any pair of PvP trinkets from Season 12 or later will grant an additional 10% reduction in damage taken from other players. This means that you will also be more inclined to choose PvP trinkets over PvE ones. :)

28/08/2013 09:40Posted by Kupala
But you think it will happen that a team like us (The newbies) are gonna accidentally face a 2.4k+ team at points in time?
The personal MMR of your team members will work to determine the appropriate opponents for your skill level. So you should be fighting against other teams who are at approximately the same skill level as yours.