So Blizz has lied for years?

#1 - Aug. 26, 2013, 12:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The team size has increased 40% and another 40% increase is planned, which will hopefully allow for a new content patch every month, a new raid tier every three to five months, and an annual expansion.

How many times have people posted something like "please use your millions of dollars per month to hire a few more people for more content" and Blizzard has responded with something like "throwing more people at the problem won't help"?

It looks like it helps a lot now that you are getting desperate to get subscribers to come back. I always knew you were lying with your previous stance. I can't tell if I'm happy or sad you've finally admitted it.

Sorry if this is harsh, but I read that specific part of their little interview and got a bit angry.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#144 - Aug. 26, 2013, 5:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Let's straighten a few things out here.
First- Times change, needs change. What we may have said in the past, may not apply to the present.
Second- I'd appreciate not being called a liar. Lie= "a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood." Please note the portion in which it says "deliberate intent to deceive". Neither I or my colleagues do this. We may not be able to discuss everything we know, but likewise, we also don't post to deceive either. We post what we know to be true or as truthful as possible at the time.
Third- We also generally do our best to avoid using words "never" or "ever" when we post. We're too aware of the possibilities of things to change. We also want people to be aware that things may change based on what the developers (and company at large) think is best for the game and the future of the game.

I don't mind these conversations if people want to have them, I'd just caution against harassing or defamatory language toward each other, keep it civil and constructive, and avoid inappropriate conjecture. Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#172 - Aug. 26, 2013, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Enough with the lies you deceitful stick of wax!

Hey now, watch who you call a stick!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#203 - Aug. 26, 2013, 6:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post

You should not have dignified this post with a response.

Why not? It seemed appropriate to try to correct some misconceptions and I also wanted it known that these types of discussions aren't necessarily "bad" if they're kept constructive. I fully recognize (as I always have) that people who care, share their thoughts and opinions because they care, whether we agree with them or not. I'd much rather people care than not and float away. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#263 - Aug. 26, 2013, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I'm not sure how responding to a completely unreasonable post with reason really does you any good to be honest. I'm not doubting that they care, but when someone makes a statement that silly, it just seems that responding to them just flames the fire. I can't see anything that you could have said that would have satisfied the OP.

Sometimes, it's not about satisfying the OP. Sometimes, it's about nudging a conversation toward a more constructive end.