Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Aug. 15, 2013, 12:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As the Orgrimmar invasion begins in 5.4, Vol’jin and his forces will move beyond gathering supplies and into a full assault on the Horde capital. This means that once the new patch goes live, the Battlefield: Barrens weekly quest will no longer be available.

Those of you who have a Radical Mojo after the patch goes live will still be able to use it with existing armor tokens. However, Ravika, the Darkspear Rebellion Quartermaster, will no longer be available for purchases, but you will have a rare chance at receiving the Raptorhide Boxing Gloves and Gahz'rooki's Summoning Stone by killing the Kor’kron, and other associated mobs in Northern Barrens.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#49 - Aug. 15, 2013, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just to let you guys know, I am currently gathering up your feedback to pass along to developers. Thank you to everyone who has shared some with us here and on Twitter!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#149 - Aug. 22, 2013, 6:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/19/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
What about the quest leading up to the Battlefield barrens that offer the 502 boots?

Or this?

Hi there. The quest, 'Path of the Last Emperor' will not be going away when patch 5.4 goes live.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#179 - Aug. 27, 2013, 7:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok I got my Troll Shoes, you can go ahead and take all that stuff away. Thanks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#188 - Aug. 28, 2013, 6:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/27/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
Will the Radical Mojo be BOA / BOE after 5.4 or not.

No.

As the armor tokens and weekly quest are going away, Radical Mojo won't be obtainable once Patch 5.4 hits. However, as we've stated before, Gahz’rooki’s Summoning Stone, Raptorhide Boxing Gloves, and the Kor’Kron Supply Satchel can still be found on the Kor'Kron mobs in Northern Barrens.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#200 - Aug. 28, 2013, 8:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/28/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Avex
I have 3 90s so far...there are still quite a few characters I'd like to get to 90 and gear up. The thing is, though, I'm not going to be able to raise 8 characters to 90 in the next 2 weeks, and even if I do, 2 weeks of this weekly won't do much for these toons of mine.

Sounds like you'll want to head to the Timeless Isle once Patch 5.4 hits!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#218 - Aug. 29, 2013, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/29/2013 08:42 AMPosted by Braellyn
Ok...so Gahzrookie, the gloves, and the bag will be around...but what about the troll shoes, Xan'tish's flute, and the other vanity items?

08/29/2013 08:42 AMPosted by Braellyn
Also, titles account-wide pretty please?

Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag are being removed; this includes the removal of the ability to earn the title and the Darkspear Rebellion Quartermaster. We know a lot of you would like to have the cosmetic goodies readily available to pick up with other characters or to share with your alts, but this event was designed to be part of the story for the game at this point in time. For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.

The weekly quest was designed as both--and most importantly--an event that leads up to Patch 5.4 and the Siege of Orgrimmar, and an opportunity for level 90 characters to work on getting gear a bit quicker in preparation for the new content. Now that the story of this expansion will be pressing forward with the patch, it will be time to wrap up some of the activity in Durotar and Northern Barrens. Think of the action in those areas as exclusive for where we are at this point in the game (not unlike the gathering quests for Ahn'Qiraj and the Scourge Event before Wrath of the Lich King).

08/28/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
Crithto: I have an alt, a pally I am levelling. What I wanted to do was give her the tokens (she has them) then with the BOA mojo, send those to her so she had a 489 starter set.

08/28/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Hplichcraft
I was *really* hoping yall would at least consider making the radical mojo's BoA so that we could complete our sets at the very least.

08/29/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Azraille
I would simply like to ask that you reconsider this. At least make the Radical Mojo BOA. Please.

Please know that I completely understand how you guys are feeling about this and have several alts I've been working on, too. But let's not forget that the Radical Mojo clearly displays "Binds when picked up". Simply switching it to BoA would be nice for those who have more than one unused, but it would be unfair to everyone else who did not stockpile a BoP item.

For those seeking opportunities to provide your alts with gear, the Timeless Isle will be your new favorite place to visit. The tokens you can find there are BoA before being used, and can be passed to any of your alts to generate an item for his/her spec. The gear you create will be item-level 496, and as you progress through the Isle, you will also have the chance to upgrade them to item-level 535.

Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.

Edited for clarity about the title.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#232 - Aug. 30, 2013, 4:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/29/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Naphtali
Could this be clarified, please?

Thank you for catching this, and my apologies for any confusion. I've edited the post, but yes, the ability to earn the title is being removed once Patch 5.4 goes live.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#273 - Aug. 30, 2013, 11:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/30/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Torvald
Vanity rewards that reflect the achievements of the player should follow the player, not simply be restricted to a character that may very well be set aside one day.

Agree to disagree? I have my Tabard of the Protector on a single character, and I'll always cherish that item, and remember that I was there for the Burning Crusade launch with that specific character. She was there, she stepped through the portal at midnight, and that's not some generic reward all my characters have. I can see the appeal of having that available to all my characters, but personally I quite like that the character itself has a history, and has individual accomplishments, rather than everything I do being given to every new character I make.

I totally get that not everyone is going to care about building a legacy of experience with each character, and they just want everything to be account-wide, but obviously there are others that appreciate that being at a point in the history of the game with a specific character leaves some kind of lasting mark on that character.

so glad I spent 2 hours last week farming the head-shrinka only for it to be removed. Cool.

It's not going to be removed from your character, he means removed from being obtainable to anyone that doesn't already have it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#326 - Sept. 3, 2013, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Quick note: Kor'kron supplies (lumber/stone/etc.) will turn gray when 5.4 hits (Sept. 10!) and be sellable. No need to destroy any extras.