Matchmaking Rating - Account or Class?

Forum Avatar
MVP - Hearthstone
#1 - Aug. 12, 2013, 3:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Simple question: is the MMR determined for your entire account, or for each deck individually? My guess would be at the account level, but that might be somewhat problematic for people who like to play multiple different decks. Lots of us like to have "fun decks" that aren't designed to be competitive, but they won't be much fun if they get stomped by the opponents we play with our main deck.

I'd like it to be deck-based, but the question then becomes what qualifies as a deck? Sure, if you start a new deck, it'd have its own MMR under that system. But what if you replace all the cards from one deck with another? Being limited to the same hero might constrain some of the more abusive aspects, but it'd still be problematic.

Bottom line: I'd much rather have MMR based on each individual deck, but there are a lot of practical issues that would have to be resolved.

Thoughts?

Edit: Changed title from "Deck" to "Class." Class seems like clearly a better option.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#54 - Aug. 14, 2013, 10:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Simple question: is the MMR determined for your entire account, or for each deck individually? My guess would be at the account level, but that might be somewhat problematic for people who like to play multiple different decks. Lots of us like to have "fun decks" that aren't designed to be competitive, but they won't be much fun if they get stomped by the opponents we play with our main deck.

I'd like it to be deck-based, but the question then becomes what qualifies as a deck? Sure, if you start a new deck, it'd have its own MMR under that system. But what if you replace all the cards from one deck with another? Being limited to the same hero might constrain some of the more abusive aspects, but it'd still be problematic.

Bottom line: I'd much rather have MMR based on each individual deck, but there are a lot of practical issues that would have to be resolved.

Thoughts?

Edit: Changed title from "Deck" to "Class." Class seems like clearly a better option.

Your matchmaking rating is currently determined for your entire account. If you would like to play a different deck/class or deck test until you feel your deck is ready to head back into ranked mode, you can quickly and easily switch to unranked play so your matchmaking rating will not be affected.