In-game store to buy increased XP, etc

#1 - Aug. 1, 2013, 5:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is most likely the end of the road for me here folks. It's been a long road, and I've been playing this game since Vanilla.. WoW has been a huge part of my life since then. I can't lie about it. I think I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say this. Once a game resorts to something like an In-game store where you could buy increased XP, types of currency (elder charms), and many more things to come (increased mount speed, honor/conquest points, just an idea) - even after years of no such thing- this is just absurd.

Just think about how you've been paying $15 a month, and now there's this. People who PAY MORE, will now have even MORE of an advantage on top of the subscription. I stopped playing TF2 ever since it became the F2P abomination it is today and I also stay away from anything else that is similar to it. It honestly sickens me that many online multiplayer PC games today are becoming F2P/P2W disasters. I don't understand why this is the new sales pitch, because honestly I think it's complete garbage and it angers me. Are we just catering to the new generation of youngsters with this? Or is this directed to people like me too? Because I'll tell you over and over that I'd rather play CoD than any F2P/P2W game that has entered our existence.

Please let me know what you guys think, because I've been hearing about this store for quite a while now (having my last bit of hope into thinking they'd revert it) And now if you look on mmo-champion.. You could see it's official. I doubt they'd scrap it at this point and I believe this is the line that they've finally crossed.
#175 - Aug. 1, 2013, 9:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seeing as how the thread has spun out a bit, I'll be locking it up. Please take care to be considerate with your posts, thank you.