The Key to the Hearthstone Arena

Forum Avatar
MVP - Hearthstone
#1 - Aug. 1, 2013, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ninja news posting. ;)

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/10529909/the-key-to-the-hearthstone-arena-8-1-2013#best

This might cause some confusion though...

The deck you made before leaving will be the deck you use until you lose 3 games or win 9 games. Fight hard!

It was stated in the stream that you could keep playing past 9 games, but the reward will not change. This statement on the news page seems to imply that your deck is auto-retired at the 9th win.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Aug. 1, 2013, 6 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ninja news posting. ;)

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/10529909/the-key-to-the-hearthstone-arena-8-1-2013#best

This might cause some confusion though...

The deck you made before leaving will be the deck you use until you lose 3 games or win 9 games. Fight hard!

It was stated in the stream that you could keep playing past 9 games, but the reward will not change. This statement on the news page seems to imply that your deck is auto-retired at the 9th win.

Once you earn your 9th key, your Arena run will end and you receive the maximum amount of reward.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Aug. 1, 2013, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post

This was never stated in the stream. It was just never "not stated", per se, either.

Yes it was. I have notes on time index. Let me go grab the exact quote and time for you. ...

57:00

Ben Brode: "Oh, we have a couple of questions about why that was last game. Normally your arena run would end after 3 games, after 3 losses. You could win as many games as you can, but once you lose your third game you get rewards for that."
Eric Dodds: "If we had an extra hour or two, because we'd undoubtedly win all of our remaining games, we could have shown it to you."

So, I suppose it could be argued Eric says "of our remaining games", yet Ben specifically said "as many as you can."

Apologies if this was unclear during the stream. The mention that you can win as many games as you can should probably had "up to nine" after that. Eric's mention of remaining games alludes to a limit, but it was not specifically expressed.

I hope I can help clear up any confusion.