stop ninja looting in nilla dungeons.

#1 - Aug. 1, 2013, 2:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
earlier today i was in a group. we had kicked our tank near start for not being able to hold aggro got new tank. later on we discovered one of our dps was a ninja. we couldn't kick him because we had already kicked tank. so we had to go through an entire dungeon with hm rolling need on everything. blizard please put up barrier like in BC+ for nilla content
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - Aug. 1, 2013, 4:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are looking to bring the personal loot system that's currently used in LFR to dungeons as well, which will of course solve that problem. Randomly matching players together just doesn't match well with coordination and universal agreements over loot distribution. No announcements yet on when that will be coming, but it won't make it for 5.4.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#96 - Aug. 1, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/01/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Ageha
Also, low level gear does not matter too much because there is no ilvl requirement for dungeons until you reach Cata content.

It wouldn't just be for low level dungeons.

Please do not add an extra element of RNG to what is already there.

It'd actually be less RNG because you're not competing against an unknown element of rolls by the other players you're randomly matched with.

I dislike the LFR loot system because when I kill a boss, I like seeing loot drop regardless of whether it's for me or not. I am not a fan of "personal" rolls and it honestly feels like a huge nerf when you put it in low level dungeons.

I kind of agree with that, personally, I'd like for loot drops to still be shown for everyone but I know it's not necessarily as simple as that.

Don't fix what's not broken.

Because I don't like the LFR loot system. I personally don't argue or make a big deal out of losing a roll on low level gear.

LFR matters because epics and endgame gearing is a big part of this game. Low level dungeons? Please don't ruin what works for everyone.

Clearly the OP of this thread, as well as thousands before it, are based on the fact that a random group of strangers being matched to take on content will tend not to come to universal agreements on how loot should be distributed. Those situations do not make most people happy. This would be a change for high level progression dungeons as well, the ones where your rolls on loot can determine how quickly you progress.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#103 - Aug. 1, 2013, 4:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll stop here and say there aren't any specific details available to share, where it would apply, or when, but it is something we are looking at implementing and we'd appreciate any feedback on how this might impact how you want to play the game.