What REALLY is the point of this forum?

#1 - July 30, 2013, 5:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I fail to see the point in even posting here for a few distinct reasons:

• There are very few blueposts in the actual forum (responses to threads or original threads)
  • Of those few blueposts, many (from Lore) answer questions that could have been answered had the OP simply read the patch notes
  • A few more are direct responses to a reported bug (only systematic errors)
  • The remaining blueposts are split between minor announcements and off-topic nonsense.

I have searched through nearly 40 pages of threads (and the pages within those threads) and have witnessed some blueposts that actually show consideration of a complaint/suggestion, BUT if I counted them on my fingers, I can barely fill up one hand.

Where is the feedback? Where is the confirmation?

The way things appear right now, Blizzard is on a sure path towards a goal (concerning classes, balance and structure) and any commentary that isn't congruent with that vision is tossed aside. Do you have an opinion on your class? Have you played it for years, and have serious concerns with the direction your class is headed? Blizzard doesn't care. In fact, they likely intended for your class to go in that direction.

They're betting that 70% of players in those chosen few classes will bite the bullet and pay $15 a month while they reroll the new FOTM class. The remaining 30% will probably split between players who will just stick with their class regardless and players who will simply stop subscribing.

Maybe my tinfoil hat is on too tight, but this game is a business, and a very profitable one at that.

Allow me to break it down:

More class transitions = more paid transfers + more Recruit a Friend activations + more time spent in-game preparing a new/alt character.

Your time = their money.

Can we cut to the chase and just rename this Forum to 'PTR Whining'? Because all that happens here is a bunch of players (myself included) fail to realize that our subscriptions are much more valuable than our opinions. We don't get to put in meaningful feedback, though we try. We don't get to add to the game, though we suggest away. We don't get to threaten blizzard with our subscriptions (because we are in the minority of players).

Here's the kicker: Shy of the miracle that would be a bluepost response from someone with actual authority, this thread will probably die a quick death. Even if we all get hot and bothered by my cynical theory, are any of us really motivated to the point of unsubscribing? Probably not.

nerf blizzard, too OP

Edited for gr4mmerz lul
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#68 - July 31, 2013, 1:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread no longer has anything to do with the 5.4 PTR (I'm not sure it did to begin with) and is hardly constructive. If you have concerns about Patch 5.4, please feel free to share them.