Question regarding Crazed Alchemist

#1 - July 17, 2013, 4:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Now, for this scenario, say I am a shaman, and i have a flame tongue totem on the field (gives adjacent minions +2 attack), then i summon Al Akir the Windlord (8 mana, [3/5] ) next to the totem. That brings him to 5/5, straight forward so far. Now what if i also summon a Crazed Alchemist, use his effect (Swap the attack and health of a minion) on Al Akir. Would he become a 7/5 or a 7/3??
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - July 18, 2013, 1:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/16/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Hotels
That is the core of the question, do temporary heath/attack buffs persist with Crazed Alchemist?

Crazed Alchemist will swap the stats of a minion based on what they are when the Alchemist is played. So if a buff such as Rockbiter Weapon is played on a Wisp setting him at 4 attack and 1 health, then a Crazed Alchemist is played targeting the Wisp, that minion will become a permanent 1 attack/ 4 health.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - July 18, 2013, 1:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I agree with Ezmod on this, it opens a huge variation of strats and ideas.

Zeriyah, would you mind clarifying something for me pls?

Your post is pretty clear about the buffs being made permanent when Crazed Alchemist's Battlecry procs.

I have a question for you dealing with Power Overwhelming, Silences and Crazed Alchemist.

If I had a 3/2 Flame Imp on the board I could throw a Power Overwhelming on him to make him a 7/6. Could I then use Crazed Alchemist to make the buff permanent and then throw out an Inronbeak Owl or Spellbreaker to silence him thus removing the "then it dies horribly" part of Power Overwhelming?

The effects of Crazed Alchemist are still considered a buff, so after all that resolves you'd end up with a blank 3/2 Flame Imp that won't die horribly at the end of your turn.