Fatigue Clarification

#1 - July 17, 2013, 3:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Can we have a proper explanation for how Fatigue works? Aside from the small preview we get of the mechanic in the Fireside Duel, there is little actual information as to how it works. I have a couple of questions:

1.) If I play a minion or an ability that causes me to draw more cards than I have in my deck, will I take Fatigue damage for each extra card I am supposed to draw?

2.) Does Fatigue damage increase by 1 every time I am supposed to draw or is there a different multiplier?

3.) I have Gadgetzan Auctioneer in play. My opponent has 3 health, I have 1 health and no cards left in my deck. If I cast Sinister Strike on my opponent, will the game end in a draw, will I take Fatigue damage first and lose or will my opponent die before I am supposed to draw?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - July 18, 2013, 1:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Can we have a proper explanation for how Fatigue works? Aside from the small preview we get of the mechanic in the Fireside Duel, there is little actual information as to how it works. I have a couple of questions:

1.) If I play a minion or an ability that causes me to draw more cards than I have in my deck, will I take Fatigue damage for each extra card I am supposed to draw?

Yup! Each draw is a separate attempt to draw a card from your deck so Fatigue will trigger for each one.

2.) Does Fatigue damage increase by 1 every time I am supposed to draw or is there a different multiplier?

For each additional draw attempt, 1 additional damage is added.

3.) Do I take Fatigue damage every time I am supposed to draw? Meaning if I have Mana Tide Totem in play and I am out of cards in my deck, would I still take Fatigue damage?

Even if your hand is full, Fatigue triggers for each card draw attempt. So even if the card cannot be added to your hand, you still take Fatigue damage.

4.) I have Gadgetzan Auctioneer in play. My opponent has 3 health, I have 1 health and no cards left in my deck. If I cast Sinister Strike on my opponent, will the game end in a draw, will I take Fatigue damage first or will my opponent die before I am supposed to draw?

The 3 damage will be dealt to the opponent and Gadgetzan Auctioneer will trigger, drawing a card and dealing fatal damage to you. This will result in a loss for both players.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - July 18, 2013, 1:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/17/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Xih
Adding to this, does fatigue ignore Armour?

Fatigue does not ignore armor. It is considered damage.