Question About Duplicate Posts

#1 - July 17, 2013, 9:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Since you went ahead and locked this thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9485778869?page=15#287 I can't ask you this there.

How was the guy who made that thread supposed to know he had to post in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377319765 ? It's not even a sticky and the title is different. That thread is telling people about it, his thread was saying the cash shop shouldn't exist. They're two different things.

Really, please explain. I don't get it.
I'm not saying you have to explain every action you do, I just need to know why this was locked so I don't end up making that mistake. Without an explanation, I think it is my responsibility to read every non-stickied post on the forums that is at all in ANY WAY related to my topic and post there before creating my own thread, but surely you don't expect that from paying customers.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#7 - July 17, 2013, 6:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As already stated, the Code of Conduct covers duplicate posts, and there are stickies that cover checking to make sure you're not duplicating a post.

And since the title of the main thread includes the phrase "In Game Store" - which is the topic of contention in the duplicate thread - I would say they very much have to do with one another.

I just want to know how he could say that other thread was the main one when it wasn't even a sticky.

The first (started July 3rd), most active (195 pages), and most responded to by CMs tends to be the "main" thread. Whether or not it's stickied is beside the point.

It's also worth noting that posting about moderated threads and calling out specific individuals is also against the Code of Conduct, and as such can result in a loss of posting privileges. Additionally, the forums aren't just for paying customers and are regulated seperately from the game itself.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#9 - July 17, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are three - New Player, Customer Support, and Tech Support.

And again, they are regulated differently from the game itself and are not directly tied to subscription. There are a good many people who play this game without using the forums. Including those who have had the privilege revoked.

The point I'm making here - and pardon if it has yet been clear - is that an active subscription has little to no bearing on access to the forums. So the argument that a user of the forums shouldn't have to check to make sure they're not duplicating threads on hot issues because they pay a subscription is moot.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#11 - July 17, 2013, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I most certainly can. Thanks for the catch, Draenybrit.

Edit: Silly me for following punctuation rules. I removed the period at the end and it should work fine now.